Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a problem?

Options
  • 02-03-2009 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I got a labret piercing last week, it's my first piercing aside from my earlobes, so I may be overreacting, but the inside of my lip is looking a bit funny, like the base of the bar is pushing into the skin.

It's not like an open sore or anything, but when I push the bar back to clean it, there's a depressed circle left on the inside of my lip and when the bar is resting normally, the flesh of my lip is kind raised around it.

I've heard of embedding, but I'm not sure if that's what this is. I was just wondering if I should go back to my piercer with it? It's not painful or anything, so I'm just not sure if this is a problem of if it's typical of lip piercings!

Any and all advice would be really appreciated!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Mine is the same, ive had it for nearly a year. I wouldnt worry too much about it

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

i had a labaret first and it started to wear away the gums on the bottom teeth
    ended up taking it out and gettin another lip piercing higher than the original which is now a lip ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

It is hard to know without seeing it in person or in a picture.
    If you are worried go back to the piercing studio and ask them to have a look, they will tell you what's what and put your mind at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

If its just the circular dent in your lip then its grand.
    I've had my spider bites out for months and the marks are still there.
    Nothing wrong there.

Can understand you being worried though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I think thats fairly normal. I happened to mine aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Louise88

Thanks for all the replies! They really put my mind at ease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 TheBlondeOne

It is normal for a new piercing. The disc at the back is putting pressure on the area due to swelling. If you find it overly uncomfortable or pinchy then go back to your piercer, they can always put a longer lab stud in for you. Sometimes people get white raised skin around the disc too. Also normal. Its just dead skin.
    :)

Advertisement