Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 questions

Options
  • 02-03-2009 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

(1) Am looking at a 900K 5 bed in Dublin.
    Lovely detached unique gaff and my wife has a hard on for it.
    It has been on the market since late 2007 and 4 prices reductions (started at 1,350,000).
    (Luckily she only spotted it recently otherwise I'd be up to my proverbials in debt by now)

Anyway just wondering what my opening gambit should be.
    I want a lower price but I don't want to be seen as a tyre kicker either as I am serious buyer if the price is right.

(2) A complicating factor - I would need to shift my own 3 bed in order to make the finances work.
    Now we're quite happy living where we are at the moment, it's just this particular dream place that has surfaced, so if I didn't get this "dream place" I would not like to move at all.
    However that is getting into the dangerous area of buying before selling.
    I wonder if it's possible to close on the same day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Fatloss08

my old man is looking at a 4 bed up in ashbourne which started at €850 and is €595 now

so id say hold on , it will go lower , but its a gamble

plus u may get nowhere near what u want for your own house the way things are

best of luck what ever you decide

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You have to wait until you have progressed you own sale to be serious on the new house - you don't want ot own two houses in a falling market.

Advertisement