Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are polls not allowed in the politics forum?

Options
  • 02-03-2009 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Hi ,just wondering if there are polls held in the forum here. It seems hard for fianna fail suppoters to voice themselves here ,because they get demolished.

Would a poll give a clearer picture of support ,without relying on the news etc ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Polls in politics forum? Are you mad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Mad ,don't know if I am or not ,still waiting on the results of that ,the polls aren't in yet :pac:

I just thought it would be a neutral way of seeing exactly who supports who ,on the forum. At least boards couldn't be accused of being biased.

Personally if fianna fail are elected in again ,I'll probably hang myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Polls have been disabled here for a long time, primarily because everyone who starts a new thread feels the need to add a new poll to it asking people to vote. Ultimately the poll is usually flawed or biased, which makes the entire thing useless and causes arguments. Stuff along the lines of "Isn't the Lisbon Treaty a big pile of ****?" with two options - "YES!!!!" and "No, because I'm a euroweenie and I want to ride Sarkozy".

Not to mention that Politics is for discussion, and people voting on a poll aren't contributing to a discussion.

If you really think one is necessary, a mod can yay or nay it and set one up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

seamus wrote: »
    Not to mention that Politics is for discussion, and people voting on a poll aren't contributing to a discussion.

If you really think one is necessary, a mod can yay or nay it and set one up.

Agreed 100% and it's a great place for discussion ,it was only a thought/suggestion.
    I was looking at it from a mod starting one ,point of view.

Advertisement