Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are your favorite brand and style of jeans? Are designer jeans really better?

• 02-03-2009 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Name the brand and style of your favorite pair of jeans?

Also, do you think the designer ones really look better, or do people like them because they are a status symbol?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Topshop - Their jeans fit me so, so well. Especially these;

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=19551&storeId=12556&categoryId=115937&parent_category_rn=115935&productId=804592&langId=-1

William Rast - Justin's line, I got a few pairs in NYC. Perfect fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

i got a pair in strativarius (sp?) before xmas, i think, love them :)..
    and they were under E30:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Miss Sixty. They last aaaaaaaaages. I would say Topshop, but the past 2 years or so they only seem to do skinny jeans, which I absolutely hate, or really baggy jeans, and on the off chance that they stock anything along the lines of bootcut ones, they're usually hideous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

Gap- have them 5 years & still wear them all the time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I got a couple of pairs of jeans (men's) in Bershka recently. They're great - comfortable, they look great, and cheap. Can't go wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Some brands are better quality than others definatly, if that's what you're looking for. I find Levis and Tommy Hilfiger to be the best. I've found Topshop and Gap to be pretty poor quality.

As regards, whether or not they look better, it depends on the fit a lot more than the style of jeans. And the only way to tell, is to try them on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Topshop - Pippa Ankle Grazer.

My favourite jeans i've every come across. The perfect fit :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Tommy Hilfiger jeans - I bought back bootcut and boyfriend cuts from my last trip to the states and they fit so well. They're great for girls with curves.

Still though, I wouldn't buy them here - they're ridiculously priced in the shops here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

For high street jeans, I wear Abercrombie & Fitch jeans - they are so comfy and fit really well. For designer jeans, I have some Rock & Republic Kasandra jeans - they are even more comfy and lovely! There is a definite difference between A&F and R&R but I love all my pairs!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Bougeoir

I absolutely love Cheap Mondays cos I love skinny jeans and they fit really well like proper skinny! Although I bought mine in Sweden cos they are Swedish company and are much cheaper there but they sell them in Urban Outfitters although much pricier than in Sweden I must admit. I love Topman skinnies too although the sizes are so variable. One month I'm a 30" and then next I'm 28"! lol H&M are brilliant for skinnies too! :P x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I used to have lots of crappy quality River Island and Topman jeans, full of rips and fading in the wash etc. So now I have less jeans, but they're Diesel and G-Star and look far better and hold up better in terms of washes and rips. And they're only crazy expensive if you don't know where to look, try Yoox.com or somewhere like that, the Diesel jeans are at least half the price of those in Arnotts

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

My two favourite pairs at the moment are some Lux ones from UO and Pippa from Topshop. Unfortunately the Pippas without seams are the only ones that fit and Baxter suck on on me!
    The best jeans I ever had were Levi's and they got nicked at a festival. Haven't been able to afford a pair since!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

I like A-Wear Jeans. They used all be €36 now they're all €25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Nudie,Levis and Armani Jeans for me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 fruity

i need 36 inch leg so only ones i can get that fit nice are 7 for all mankind and rock and republic. used to get the topshop tall bootcut ones but they seem to be stuck on the skinnys or boyfriend cut for a few years now. not flattering to the thighs, well mine anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 AngelMae

I think spending the extra bit of money on jeans really makes a difference, I used to work in Topshop and wear their jeans and found that the quality of the denim was so bad that after wearing them for an hour or two they had lost their shape completely, particularily around the bum and waist. Their denim is so light that it really stretches, I gave all mine away in the end.

I love love love True Religion jeans, they are nice and fitted on the leg and thigh and have a great flare at the end, they look perfect with heels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fifomania

Converted to Topshop jeans lately, great fit and price (in sterling ;)).
    Worst jeans are Awear and New Look, really baggy around the bum after wearing for a short time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Guess are good, designer brand would have to be Joe's Jeans in the 'Honey' style aka the booty style!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I find it so hard to get jeans to fit me. The best ones I've had have been Guess. They fit my very thin thighs.

Recently I've been wearing skinny jeans from Bershka and I love them. They're comfortable and easy to wear.

Jeans from Topshop, Awear, Vero Moda, etc look rubbish on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I've bought Hilfigher jeans the last couple of times and found them to be durable, fashionable and great fitting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

I'm a big fan of Tommy Hilfiger jeans.

Not mad on topshop, bershka are ok for skinny jeans.

Also very much like Levis and Wrangler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Men's jeans, I'd go with Diesel and Levi's. Got a lovely pair of Levi's Flare, dark blue with a really nice yellow stitching. Fit well, sit well and will probably last me forever.

Diesel are more touch and go, you pay a lot and sometimes they aren't great. But the best jeans I ever had were Diesel. Recently got a pair of the "Zathan" ones, 36/34, they are quite low cut so aren't very forgiving but that alone makes you aspire to wear them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 killerqueen

I live in jeans when I'm not in work and I have to say I find Top Shop jeans crap. They say a 34" leg and they are fine until first wash (40degs) next thing they are a 32" and need to be worn with flats. It wrecks my head when that happens.
    I've a pair of white jeans for summer that I bought in Dorethy Perkins 2 summers ago and they fit perfectly around the bum and I love the leg length.
    Awear can be ok at times for jeans again if they do the proper leg length. I've heard Esprite do good jeans with long legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

I'd ahve to say Tommy Hilfiger bootcuts and Juicy Coutures (v. expensive I know, but worth it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

fifomania wrote: »
    Worst jeans are Awear and New Look, really baggy around the bum after wearing for a short time.

New Look jeans are AWFUL. Once they get past a 32'' leg the arse gets huuuuuge for some reason!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Men's jeans I'd definitely recommend G-Stars, they may be expensive, but you get what you pay for, and I think style wise they're ahead of Levis, Diesel and the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Zombie thread closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement