Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gotomypc - data display problem

Options
  • 02-03-2009 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Looking for some help with gotomypc - (have tried to contact them but no sucess yet).
    The problem is:
    Host pc is working fine - viewing tv channels through a pci card. Remote computer accesses host and runs the pci software through gotomypc but no audio or video from the tv channel - just a blank black window where the tv image should be. Any ideas as to what the problem might be , thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

What software are you using to play the video on the host machine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Turbury

the_syco wrote: »
    What software are you using to play the video on the host machine?

The standard software that came with the pci card.

Turbury wrote: »
    The standard software that came with the pci card.
    I'll ask that another way. Are you using Windows Media player, Video Lan Player, BSPlayer?

I ask as some software may not be great for viewing over the network. If you have the name of the software, and the company that makes it, it woul be helpfull.

Bit more info - using a pci card from maplin - viewing tv signal (UHF)
    through the pci software, (Hypermedia)

Most remote screen applications won't show video that is controlled by Direct-X, since that video is not sent through the standard Windows screen interface. You may need to use different software to view the screen remotely.
    Try a few different applications. There are some decent freeware ones out there that you can use for viewing TV. Try asking over at the computer forum for a TV application that doesn't rely on Direct-X. Don't use it myself, so not sure which one would be the best.

Also, it seems that although you'll get video, you won't get audio. This may have been since fixed.

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »
    Try a few different applications. There are some decent freeware ones out there that you can use for viewing TV. Try asking over at the computer forum for a TV application that doesn't rely on Direct-X. Don't use it myself, so not sure which one would be the best.

Also, it seems that although you'll get video, you won't get audio. This may have been since fixed.

Thanks for the help - I tried logmein last night and it does show the video, poor quality and big lag as you'd expect but good enough for a basic cctv system .

Advertisement