Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are Credit Union loan applications decided?

Options
  • 02-03-2009 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

I applied for a loan with the CU on Friday. I gave them all the required documentation and told me that they'd have a decision for me today. Then they called and told me that a decision had not been made yet and I'd have to wait till tomorrow. It's kind of annoying. Why is it taking them time? It was a small personal loan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I can only speak for how my CU works but I would imagine they're similiar.

Smaller loans need to be approved by the Manager or the Assistant Manager. Larger loans or risky loans need to go to the loan committee (or whatever they're called) who meet once a week to approve / decline applications.

I was told this from the horse's mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Do you still need to have a percentage of what your borrowing in the credit union?

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

s_carnage wrote: »
    Do you still need to have a percentage of what your borrowing in the credit union?

I had roughly 1k in savings at one stage and got a loan of 22k.

Advertisement