Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blue plastic/latex in Lidl mince

Options
  • 02-03-2009 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

just opened a packet of mince i bought in Lidl and put it in the pan to cook when i noticed several small pieces of blue plastic/latex scattered through the mince, i am just wondering would there be any finger in the mince now as the blue plastic bits are probably from a glove of one of the meat processing plants employees?:eek:

this has put me off eating any minced meat or processed foods now in case there are pieces of finger included.:eek: should i report this to anyone apart from returniing to Lidl with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

I doubt if there is any finger involved.

A lot of raw ingredients in food manufacturing are supplied in blue plastic (supposedly to make it easier to see the plastic if/when it does get into the mix!)

Most places would dump any product involved in an accident and the compo culture would mean that if someone lost a finger they would report it.

Advertisement