Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Least smelliest cat food

Options
  • 02-03-2009 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

Got 2 indoor cats and have been feeding them with royal canin but its so expenisve - can anyone recommend dry cat food that results in the least smelliest outcome. Cheers:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'd love to know this too :D
    We give them Red Mills but the poo does stink quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

If your cat doesn't have any food allergies, I highly recommend husse www.husse.ie . It's a swedish company, and sweden has very high standards for what goes into their pet food (must be human grade, etc). It's €30 for a 7kg bag which lasts a fair while with only 1 cat! You can order a free sample on their website to try it out, but remember with any food it can take cats up to 2 weeks to adjust, so they may suffer diahorea in that time.

If you think your cat may have an allergy or intolerance, I would recommend Orijen (www.zooplus.co.uk). It's gluten and rice free, 75% meat and 25% veg, and no smells of their poo! It's more costly though, at around €45-€48 (depending on conversion rate) per 7 kg bag. You can order a small bag to test on your cat, but it's not free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Thanks a million - ordered the cats a sample from husse.ie:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Ours have been on the Husse for over a year now; they like it and are very healthy on it. Also, I found Husse a pleasure to deal with, your order will mostly arrive the next day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

I have been ordering my dryfood from Chemistdirect.co.uk as it is way cheaper than buying it in stores or vets. You can buy a 10kg bag of Royal Canin for about 45 euro and delivery to Ireland is about 7 euro. Huge bag and lasts ages. The same size costs 65 euro on Zooplus before delivery charges are added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Crafty-Chel

I have three cats and they all eat tesco value brand, they seem to like it, and there is no smell. i know a lot of people think this is not a good brand for their animals but my cats have beautiful coats and are very healthy..

Advertisement