Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub for Cheltenham

Options
  • 02-03-2009 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭

Whats the best pub in the city centre to watch Cheltenham in?

I eman decent crowd, big screen, near the 4 bookies.

Fibber Magees??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you mean soccer Kings Head is usually good, close to bookies too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 fatleomessi

Monroes is usually a good bet during cheltenham... 3 bookies right by it and (for all the lazy so and so's) someone usually runs the book in there. Yum pizza too!

Just realised it's horses :o
    Try the The Weigh Inn on Ravens Terrace

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

biko wrote: »
    Just realised it's horses :o
    Try the The Weigh Inn on Ravens Terrace

The Weigh Inn is now the Salt House and doesn't strike me as a horsey kind of place. You're not 100% on form today biko :D

Is it? I haven't been out that way for ages so haven't walked past.
    It used to hold a lot of old fellas that would nip around the corner to the bookies next to Harvest.
    Then again they could have been betting on whatever I guess.

Edit: Heh, just read my own link (which states pub is closed and renamed).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭biscuits1981

trends in salthill u have 2 bookies beside each othe and they will have 2 tellys on one attheraces and the other channel 4 great craic out there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

biko wrote: »
    Is it? I haven't been out that way for ages so haven't walked past.
    It used to hold a lot of old fellas that would nip around the corner to the bookies next to Harvest.
    Then again they could have been betting on whatever I guess.

The "new look" reminds me a bit of the Cottage in Salthill so the old man vibe is very much gone out the window. Very nice vibe there though. The only time I was in there it was the Weigh Inn is when I nipped in to take a leak after drinking down at the Claddagh pier.

There will be a decent crowd watching it in Freeney's and their is a bookie right across the street.

Edit: I wouldnt go near Fibbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

+1 for freeneys

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Monroes a good call for Cheltenham, good food as well as no doubt it will be 4 alldayers in a row!!!

Brgds
    Johnny

• Advertisement
Advertisement