Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Necromicon vs. Rasta

• 02-03-2009 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭

Team: Jip Jaap United

Order:

Ryan Giggs
    The greatest left winger ever to play in the Premiership. Manchester United's record appearance holder, and the captain of Jip Jaap United.

Jaap Stam
    It's a shame he only had a few seasons at United, but he was solid as a rock and not in the least out of place as a second round pick.

David James
    Seemingly gets better with age. He was a rock last season and a quick look in 'team of the season' threads will reflect that. In 2007 he eclipsed David Seaman's record of 141 clean sheets. England's No.1.

Gus Poyet
    Bringing some class to my midfield is the Uruguayan who was a fan favourite at both Chelsea and Spurs, with a terrific goal-scoring record from midfield

Dimitar Berbatov
    The Bulgarian had a very good record for Spurs (just under a goal every other game) and has an eye for the spectacular. Still finding his feet at United, but his record isn't bad so far. 8 goals and a bagful of assists, showing signs of what made him so sought after.

Henning Berg
    Solid right back and the only player to win the Premiership with two different teams. Also part of the Treble-winning Man United side.

Sylvain Wiltord
    It had been a toss up between Berg and Wiltord, and I was astounded that he was still free when the draft came back my way. He can play right wing or just off the front man. Recently included in Arsenal's Top 50 players of all time.

Ugo Ehiogu
    I was delighted to get someone of his experience late on. Very solid centre back with hundreds of appearences, as well as a couple of League Cups to his name.

Scott Parker
    I needed someone combative to complement Poyet in midfield, and I think he was good value at that stage of the draft. It really boggles me how many Premiership clubs he's been at for someone his age, I think he's quality.

Julian Dicks
    I finished my defence off with Dicks, ensuring that I'd have a rock solid, if perhaps unadventurous, back four. With that cannon of a left-foot, he's my penalty taker.

Fabrizio Ravanelli
    In my original write-up for Ravanelli I said it's a pity he never played for one of the top sides, and two relegations really belies his goal-scoring form.

How they line up

James

----Berg
    Stam
    Ehiogu
    Dicks---

----Wiltord
    Parker
    Poyet
    Giggs(c)-

Berbatov
    Ravanelli

Defence

I think I've as solid a CB pairing as any in this draft, with two very reliable full-backs to complement. They probably won't get forward as much as others in the draft, but I'm confident I've enough creativity ahead. If they are breached, I've one of the most experienced goalkeepers as the last line of defence. If there's one collective area I'm happy with, it's my defence.

Midfield
    I think I have a good balance in midfield; Poyet will get forward plenty and link up with Berbatov and Ravanelli, with Parker providing the stability for him to do so. Playing a conventional 4-4-2 I feel I have one of the best flank combinations in Wiltord and Giggs. Not only will they be supportive of the front two, but both are capable of delivering plenty of decent crosses for a striker who scored a lot with his head in Ravanelli.

Attack
    Berbatov and Ravanelli would be an awesome partnership. Berbatov dropping a little deeper and linking up play with the midfield combined with the fox-in-the-box mentality of the White Feather. Berbatov's intelligence and Ravanelli's clinical finishing should ensure the goals don't dry up.

Finally I'd like to say it's been a blast participating in this. Cheers to LuckyLloyd for organising and the rest of you for teaching me a few things about players I only knew a little (or nothing at all) about.

vs

1. Chris Kirkland
    2. Sagna
    3. Upson
    4. Evra
    5. Woodgate
    6. Ballack.
    7. Walcott
    8. Essien
    9. Owen
    10. Ade
    11. Overmars.

Rasta, could not find a write up but if you wanted to do a quick one a mod would edit it in

Necromicon vs. Rasta 10 votes

Necromicon
    0%
    Rasta
    100%
    Dont be at yourselfeirebhoyIagoMr.Nice GuyNecronomiconMitch ConnorDayshaBobalicious93eagle eyetitan18 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Rasta
    Haven't been able to keep up with this lately, so only just seeing this thread.

I feel my team would do better over the course of a season. RasTa would have probably have more injury concerns to contend with (Kirkland, Woodgate, Owen, Walcott) and in a direct match-up I'd be fairly confident of my XI coming out on top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Never mind injury concerns the pace of my team would edge this over the course of a season.

My defence and attack is what I believe would be better suited to a season in the premiership.

Overall I feel my team has a better balance and is suited more to the premiership.

Advertisement