Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lithium ion battery vs. aa batteries for camera

Options
  • 02-03-2009 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hey sorry if this is in the wrong forum, didnt really know where to put it.

Im after getting a digital camera as a present that takes aa batteries. Every camera before this has had a lithium ion battery.

Just wondering whats the benefits of one or the other.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

quebec wrote: »
    Hey sorry if this is in the wrong forum, didnt really know where to put it.

Im after getting a digital camera as a present that takes aa batteries. Every camera before this has had a lithium ion battery.

Just wondering whats the benefits of one or the other.

Thanks

No benefits apart from if you run out of battery power you can run into any petrol station or shop and get batteries for it rather than need to look for a plug and wait to charge it.
    If I were you I'd get rechargable AA batteries. The highest rating you can find, 2500 or there abouts, don't bother with the lower rating ones.
    Does it take 2 or 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭micratoyota

Biro wrote: »
    No benefits apart from if you run out of battery power you can run into any petrol station or shop and get batteries for it rather than need to look for a plug and wait to charge it.
    If I were you I'd get rechargable AA batteries. The highest rating you can find, 2500 or there abouts, don't bother with the lower rating ones.
    Does it take 2 or 4?

does anyone know where i would get a spare battery for the Traveler(Aldi) super slim XS 8 digital camera (recently on offer with Aldi) Can't even make out the no. of it. but I know its a rechargable one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

does anyone know where i would get a spare battery for the Traveler(Aldi) super slim XS 8 digital camera (recently on offer with Aldi) Can't even make out the no. of it. but I know its a rechargable one.

Do a search on ebay for the camera. You will probably find accessories and batteries in the search too.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭micratoyota

*Kol* wrote: »
    Do a search on ebay for the camera. You will probably find accessories and batteries in the search too.

Hi Did that on E Bay batteries. Result 29301 enteries but no Traveler super slim XS 8 . If you can find one please let me know. Thanks for reply anway

Advertisement