Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Titan18 vs. Eirebear

• 02-03-2009 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭

titan18 wrote: »
    Team Name:Titan United

Manager:titan18

Formation:At the start of the draft, I came in with no formation of choice in mind, just to take the player who was highest on my shortlist with my pick, and make up the formation as I go along, which is why my formation has ended up a bit unusual, and the players werent drafted with any formation in mind.

- - Jaaskalainen - -

Clarke - Bould - Stimac - Irwin

- - - Jenas --- Scholes- - -Taylor

Gudjohnsen

- - - Di Canio - - - Viduka

Team Strategy: My strategy from the outset was to pick a team with flair player, and to make up for some lack of team work by some of them, with good, hard industrious midfielders.My picks are a reflection of this strategy.

With my front 3 of Gudjohnsen, Di Canio and Viduka, there is enough creativity and firepower to finish off any team.With Scholes in the midfield aswell, he will be able to use his passing ability to get Viduka and Di Canio into space.Gudjohnsen will be able to lend a hand in defence if I'm under pressure too, as he often played as a centre midfielder for Chelsea.

In Jenas and Taylor, I picked 2 box-to-box midfielders, who will be able to compensate for the lack of a teamwork ethic in my front pair.They will be able to get forward and help the attack, but will most importantly be able to help the defense and cut out any attacks by the opposition.

My full backs of Irwin and Clarke will be able to support the attack and get forward down the wings.They are also very good in the defensive side so should be able to handle the attacks that will come from the opposition down my wings.When the opposition full backs come down the wing, Scholes and Gudjohnsen will move out and help the full backs.Scholes to help Irwin as they played together and he's the least likely to need help out of Clarke and himself.

My 2 centre backs of Bould and Stimac are strong enough to handle any attacks through the middle and both are good in the air and will be able to clear any crosses in.Stimac will be able to get forward in attack aswell and play balls through to Di Canio and Viduka.If I need to aswell, he's perfect to hammer the ball forward and hope Viduka gets a flick on to Di Canio or to an onrushing Scholes or Gudjohnsen who are both able to hammer a shot in from outside the box.

With Jaaskalainen in goal, he'll be able to stop any shots that come through and marshall the defense in dangerous situations.

Picks:

Pick 1Paul Scholes

PaulScholes_468x551.jpg

I was happy with my first pick.Scholes was in the top 5 of my shortlist.He is a very good technical player which is what my team was designed to be full of.

Pick 2:Denis Irwin

irwwwwin.jpg

Even though some people have said that taking a full back early was a bad decision, I am happy in my decision to take Irwin with my 2nd pick.He was a brilliant player for Manchester United and always gave everything on the pitch.

Pick 3: Paolo Di Canio

PaoloDiCanio_468x521.jpg

A fantastic finisher and a very good technical player with tons of creativity.He was the best forward available at the time and is a pick that I like.

Pick 4: Eidur Gudjohnsen

1166769591226_foot_r.jpg

A very good technical player like my other picks and with tons of creativity, he will be able to feed the ball through to my forwards.He also is very willing to work for the team and track back and is not afraid of going into a tackle.Happy with this pick.

Pick 5: Jussi Jaaskalainen

452108.jpg

A fantastic keeper, a great servant to Bolton and has kept them in the Premiership with some fantastic saves.In hindsight, I'm not exactly sure about this pick as with some of the keepers that were available in the end and with Schwarzer not being picked at all.I wish I had held out to the end with a keeper, and not picked Jussi but he is still a fantastic nevertheless.

Pick 6: Steve Bould:

bould.jpg

A fantastic defender but I think I could have held off on him for another round.I'm still happy with the pick as he'll be a fantastic defender alongside Stimac.

Pick 7:Mark Viduka

p1_australia_0111.jpg

When I picked Viduka, it was a case of best player available despite the fact I had 2 forwards already.I just had to change around my team cos I couldnt leave Viduka when he was available in this round.I think this was my best pick in the draft.

Pick 8:Igor Stimac

_1513834_igorstimac150.jpg

A fantastic defender, a real leader on the pitch.Very good on the ball and is perfect to line up alongside Bould in my back line.Very happy with this pick.

Pick 9:Steve Clarke

EMP-5972910.jpg

A very good right back.A longtime servant to Chelsea.A very good leader, and very good going forward aswell and solid at the back.Happy with this pick

Pick 10:Jermaine Jenas

A good strong midfielder with a strong work ethic.He'll be able to cover the defense and get forward, and has plenty of energy to do so.Happy with this pick.

Pick 11: Ian Taylor

AstonVilla_Taylor_med.jpg

A strong worker like Jenas, and will provide cover for the defense when the opposition attacks.A strong tackler and will be very good with Jenas in the middle of the park.Happy with this pick.

Captain:Bould

Free Kick Taker:Irwin,Di Canio

Penalty Taker:Irwin,Di Canio

Corners:Irwin,Gudjohnsen

Summary:Looking back at the draft, i dont think it could have gone any better.I would have left a keeper until the end and picked a midfielder instead of Jussi, but I can't complain on it as my team didn't end up too bad.The main strength of the team is the attack with the main four possessing loads of creativity and I should have no problem scoring against any team in this draft.

The main weakness of the team is probably my midfield.Jenas and Taylor aren't exactly the best players out there, but will be able to do what's necessary and help the defense out and let my front four wreak havok on the opposition's defense.If the opposition attack down the wings, Scholes and Gudjohnsen are capable of tracking back and helping out the fullbacks.

Overall, I'm very happy with my side and I think that with my attack, I can beat any side in this.

vs.

Niemi

Petrescu
    Adams
    Weir
    Ball

Savage

Robert
    Cahill
    Waddle

Crouch
    Wright

Titan18 vs. Eirebear 15 votes

Titan18
    0%
    Eirebear
    100%
    Dont be at yourselfPepe LeFritseirebhoyIagoMr.Nice Guyctrl-alt-deleteNecronomiconMitch ConnorgustavoTrippieLuckyLloydBubs101SRFC90titan18Codofwar 15 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Eirebear
    Guile, creativity, potent attack, strong defence, excellent ball winners, several players who can cut open any defence with a pass, dangerous in the air, deadly at set pieces.

All of these are attributes that one should find in the winner of this Premiership draft.

My team has them.

Gudjohnsen, Di canio, Viduka, Scholes. Players who possess sublime talent. Any defence that they will come up against will falter, their creativity, skill, ability on and off the ball will ensure plent of goals for my side.

At the other end, a defensive line marshalled by the excellent Jussi Jaaskalainen, a no-holds barred player in Bould, one of the most underrated defenders in Premier League history in Stimac.One of the best left backs ever in Irwin, and a right back who played 330 games for Chelsea in Clarke.

I do not expect this defence to keep a ton of clean sheet, but they should provide enough cover and prevent the opposition's attack from scoring more than I shall.

In midfield, the combined duo of Jenas and Taylor will help to provide cover to my defence and get the ball from back to front as quickly as possible.Both possess a high level of fitness and a work ethic, and are capable of driving at the heart of any defence.

Overall, I think that my team is capable of beating any side in this competition.

In this matchup, I think that my team would win this easily.If my team was to get exposed in this league, it would be down the wings, and in this matchup, I believe that my oppenent possesses no threat to me through this route.Irwin would have no trouble stopping Robert and Petrescu and Clarke on the other side would easily stop Waddle and Ball.

Through the center, my strength, I would dominate midfield, and give Scholes and Gudjohsen plenty of time to get expose Adams and Weir, and Di Canio and Viduka would benefit greatly.

Jaaskalainen is a better keeper than Niemi.My fullbacks of Irwin and Clarke are a stronger pairing than Petrescu and Ball.Likewise, Stimac and Bould are a stronger pairing than Adams and Weir.In the midfield, Jenas, Taylor and Scholes with Gudjohnsen in the hole behind the front two are stronger than Savage, Cahill, Waddle and Robert.Up front, Wright will score more goals over 38 games than my 2, but mine shall score more that Wright and Crouch.His side is built for Wright to score whereas my side has so many options that it is impossible to stop all of them, whereas if any side stops Wright, this side will be very likely to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Ah feck.....give me a couple of hours...

Advertisement