Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I skip someones voicemail message?

• 02-03-2009 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Right. We all know you can dial 086 5 1234567 to get direct into a voicemail.
    We all know you can press # to get the prompt for a PIN so you can check your own voicemail from another phone.

What I can't do is skip the annoying voicemail message.

Sometimes you ring and you hear Hi, this is mary and I can't come to the phone right now. My shoe size is 6 and I like in a little house. I'm probably going to Kerry on my holidays and then I'm thinking I might just relax at home for a few ...... CHRIST! Will you shut up! I know how voicemail works! I just want to leave a message!

How do I skip past this nonsense to get straight to the beep? Is there a way?

p.s. yes, I must be very impatient.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

mary has big enough feet for a woman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

I know you'll smack your forehead when I tell you this, but have you tried pressing * while the message is playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

seanybiker wrote: »
    mary has big enough feet for a woman

massive!
    blaz wrote: »
    I know you'll smack your forehead when I tell you this, but have you tried pressing * while the message is playing?

yup, smacked my forehead twice for that one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

So this doesn't work perfectly.

I rang someone on Vodafone today from a landline. It went to their voicemail. They had the default "you have reached the VF VM of ....". I pressed start and the greeting restarted. Again and same thing happened... at that point I just bounced the phone off the desk.

Anyone else experience this?

Apologies for resurrecting this thread but did you ever get a solution?

• Advertisement
Advertisement