Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Focal/Pulse distribution points

Options
  • 02-03-2009 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

Right, folks, I'm fed up of sometimes finding no An Focal/Pulse left in places I put them and then other times seeing stacks left. Where do you think is the best place to put the paper/magazine? Where do you pick up your copies? Do you think Village receptions/common areas would be good? How about any off-campus spots (such as Groody/Brookfield/Remix/University Court Spar)? Any feedback would be much appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

how about delivery to every on campus accomodation house?

im sure you would have no shortage of people needing a bit of extra cash who would deliver them

i get mine from the csis usually or su reception

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

They always move in the canteen (lots), library (more lots), main restaurant (less lots), village receptions (small lots, no more than 10-20), vax/venus lab (half a lot), counselling and medical centre reception (small lots, 10 copies is plenty), SU (2 lots, a quarter of that will move slowly but that's for the people who want it the second week), health sciences (one lot), schuman (one lot but since the KBS opened give that two lots and the schuman a half), csis (2 lots), foundation building (one lot in the middle, perhaps two), ERB (one lot), LRC (half a lot), PESS (one lot or split one between that and the Schrodinger, one and a half is the sports section is unusually interesting), Ulster bank (a few copies, they like getting them), teach failte (five should do, people pick them up elsewhere), ditto CRCR. Don't bother putting more than 25 of anything in either of the pubs - they don't move as there's really no good place for them and they end up eventually getting thrown out (yes, even the ones that are left next to the fridge in Javas, when 5pm comes that fridge gets moved). Common room is optional - newspapers make the place even more messy. I got a few people to occasionally drop them in some of the off-campus spots to cater for those who never came on campus and weren't going to look at it online (then again, those who never come on campus are only moderately interested in the whole place in flames).

That's for An Focal. Suggestions are broadly similar for Pulse but it has to be spread thinner. AF suggestions change slightly when there's a specific thing being highlighted (first years are more interested in the exam blurb than other years who've seen it already, sweaties are more interested when there's a picture of Maguires on the front cover).

Lots are proportional, increase or decrease what a "lot" is as necessary, I've worked off a 5%-7% base. Total trip time with one two-wheeler thingamigig to make on-campus deliveries is 90-120 minutes, allowing for occasional dawdling. Faster after dark.

Personally I just pick it up in the SU as I know where that is. Other people might have better suggestions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

My opinion is that a casual labourer(s) should be employed to deliver them to Castletroy estates predominantly inhabited by students, College Court, Elm Park and the like.

I wouldn't pick the Limerick Post up in the shop, but I read it when it's put through my door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SmellySockies

Put them in dromroe and su shops. If there was a way to have them near atms in the su I'm sure they would move lots.

Advertisement