Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal poiteen :)

Options
  • 02-03-2009 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

An1 know if the stuff is anygood?

Could you recommend a brand or a retailer, thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

It's Poitín :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

From Wiki
    Today, two Irish brands are officially licensed to produce poitín, Knockeen Hills, and Bunratty [3].

Edit: previous thread on legal poitin - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055129755

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Celtic Whiskey sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The commercial one I had was manky, I think it was the Hackler or something. It is like they are trying to emulate a very poor quality illicit spirit, which is unfortunately what most people have experienced when tasting illicit spirits.

It would be like saying I want to taste "legal"/commercial homebrew beer, and some commercial company brewing up a batch of mountjoy juice -bread, sugar & water.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

rubadub wrote: »
    some commercial company brewing up a batch of mountjoy juice -bread, sugar & water.
    Now there's a commercial opportunity.
    /steals

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

I have a mini of Bunratty beside me, as it happens. Fabulous nose, quite intense taste that would take some getting used to if sipping neat.

Worth a try. You can probably get a mini in the Kilkenny shop on Nassau Street.

Advertisement