Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Betting Slip

Options
  • 02-03-2009 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hey Guys!!
    Have always done all my betting online, was wondering for some advice how a fill out a bookies slip for a soccer game?
    Do i put the whole fixture e.g Man utd V liverpool.... liverpool to win 2/1 or is there a quicker way!!!!:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Most of the bookies have coupons where you mark 1 for a home win X for a draw and 2 for an away win.

You can do it the way you said aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭paddyb125

liverpool to win 2/1

I always do it that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Plastic Bari

So i dont need to write man utd V Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭paddyb125

I've never had a problem with it in my local Paddy Power's

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If you are unsure ask in the shop when placing the bet. They probably won't bite :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

just one tip for ya - i wouldn't back liverpool :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ace2007 wrote: »
    just one tip for ya - i wouldn't back liverpool :)

Always one smartarse, isn't there? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

The more information you put on the slip the better (such as the event) as for instance there are still a number of horses in training called 'Liverpool'. It will still more than likely be validated onto the correct even by the bookie agent when they are going through the system.

It never ceases to amaze me why some people would put minimal information on a betting slip. The idea is to make it as easy as possible for the bookie agent to validate it onto the correct event so you can get your money should it be successful, the last thing you want is hassle trying to explain what your selection was, after all it take a few second to write the event down.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Bluetonic wrote: »
    The more information you put on the slip the better (such as the event) as for instance there are still a number of horses in training called 'Liverpool'. It will still more than likely be validated onto the correct even by the bookie agent when they are going through the system.

It never ceases to amaze me why some people would put minimal information on a betting slip. The idea is to make it as easy as possible for the bookie agent to validate it onto the correct event so you can get your money should it be successful, the last thing you want is hassle trying to explain what your selection was, after all it take a few second to write the event down.

i doubt those horses have won much lately...

Advertisement