Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSP season 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 NorthernRock

LOL at Brunson folding 10's

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

LOL at Brunson folding 10's

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

mdwexford wrote: »
    Why?

I was surprised he didn't call too,set mining with deep stacks and all that.
    I thought there was value in pealing a flop there but he seems to be playing pretty tight.
    I wouldn't say it's a bad fold either though just a bit on the nitty side.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Im not sure exactly how deep everyones stacks are but my initial thought was they werent all deep enough to warrant a call.

Plus the fact there was a limp utg, the original raiser and a caller still to act behind him leaving him open to a squeeze if he flats.

I think its fine and was surprised Gabe made such a big deal of it in commentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

I thought the TT was a pretty standard fold, he's never getting paid if he hits anyway, as soon as he puts a chip in the pot they'll all run a mile.

• Advertisement

Daithio wrote: »
    I thought the TT was a pretty standard fold, he's never getting paid if he hits anyway, as soon as he puts a chip in the pot they'll all run a mile.

If that was his thought process then surely he'd be raising more often to exploit his image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Or since the one I've just quoted?

Man, be a dick all you like, I couldn't give a rat's ...

I gave an opinion, you had a cry because it differed from yours, you seem like a knob about it so you get that response - it's very simple. Act like an adult and you won't get "childish" responses. Do you just hang around here all day waiting for someone to post an opinion you disagree with? then 'try' to act all clever in retort? ... don't give up the day job son ;)

8====D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 NorthernRock

Are you talking about the same players i'm talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭BobSloane

The dynamics of the Durrr challenge could get very interesting when the hand limit is approaching, depending on who is ahead by what amount.

I was thinking the same. Could end a bit like this. Railbirds will be shouting the poker equivilant of "just take it into the corner PA"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 stavstavstav

OMG did anyone see this sick sick hand?

Going crazy with top pair, or a great bluff? What do you think?

• Advertisement

Read all of the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭gigetheman

dose anyone know what time will next episode will be show at tonight/tomorrow there is 1 hand bewteen barry and durrr they get it all in on the flop for over 1 million and barry asks to take a few 100,000 out each and durrr says no run it out 1 time( because last episode barrys j9 sucked out on durrr AA with a jack high flop barry gets lucky with 9 on the turn:eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Wow sick hand...cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Wp nicky.

Gotta hand it to Stav.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

gigetheman wrote: »
    dose anyone know what time will next episode will be show at tonight/tomorrow there is 1 hand bewteen barry and durrr they get it all in on the flop for over 1 million and barry asks to take a few 100,000 out each and durrr says no run it out 1 time( because last episode barrys j9 sucked out on durrr AA with a jack high flop barry gets lucky with 9 on the turn:eek:)

This sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭mickc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

mickc wrote: »

If only I could watch this in work :( , looking forward to seeing this big pot with Durrr and Barry

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭mickc

digiman wrote: »
    If only I could watch this in work :( , looking forward to seeing this big pot with Durrr and Barry

its not on youtube yet, i'll embed it if i find it

just saw the hand,
    no spoilers in here, keep looking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Sick pot there

Who didn't know
    Negreanu would eventually get felted
    . Felt bad for him really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Can someone please please please embed this on the thread so I can watch it in work?!!! Ive a quiet day today!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Not really sad to see Daniel go - he's a terribly whining pain in the nuts when he's losing. I find he's a great man to throw subtle digs in when he's winning as well so fcuk him imo

Eli is a pain in the nuts as well - constantly commenting on people's play. He absolutely breaks Barry up constantly for some reason.

Found myself wanting durrr to win that big pot for some reason - he's won me over on this show with the way he's played tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Great episode again. Few really showing the pain which makes it seem very genuine.

I dont think I can stomach watching Esfandigruesome individual and the rest for the next few weeks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Yeah i agree, the next lineup looks piss poor. Absolutely fantastic final episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,324 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    The best HSP I've ever watched.

Agreed, it's been fantastic.

Gutted durrr is out of the rest of it - he's been the clear star of the show imo.

My thoughts on the rest:

Eastgate played reasonably well.
    Don't think I ever want to watch Doyle play again.
    Barry G was destroyed by durrr, played a notable pot against Eli well.
    Benyamine was a big disappointment, played way snugger than expected.
    Eli is a clown.
    Ziigmund wtf.
    Negreanu is clearly -EV in a game that tough imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

digiman wrote: »

hand played itself I thought, I was glad that Dwan won it after Greenstein offered to take money off the table, feckin' poofter

hand played itself I thought, I was glad that Dwan won it after Greenstein offered to take money off the table, feckin' poofter

It was more of a "plea" than an offer from Greenstein imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

NickyOD wrote: »
    It was more of a "plea" than an offer from Greenstein imo.

yeah, pretty pathetic I thought. He would still have been ahead after that pot anyway.

Thankfully karma delivered unto him a good kick in the nuts (was even sweeter that the killer card was another queen instead of the flush ;)).

Advertisement