Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSP season 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

There's a third table, dunno the line up though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Brunson, Minieri, Laak, Durrr, Elezra, Baxter, Meltzer (the barracuda guy), Viffer.

Table 3 according to 2+2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

mdwexford wrote: »
    Brunson, Minieri, Laak, Durrr, Elezra, Baxter, Meltzer (the barracuda guy), Viffer.

De has to be major carnage on this table..Hopefully durrr stacks brunson...would be hilarious if he cracked brunsons aces imo

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

It's hard to please some people obviously...dunno how it can be described as dissappointing...I for one thought it was very good. Who knows the next few episodes may be quite good...may have to watch it without the sound!! Let's just hope Antonious takes control of the table like Durr did.

Also pretty happy Durr is back for the last few episodes...pity I can't say the same about Doyle!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Minieri & Durrr would be great to watch - if that is the line up for the 3rd table

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

Hoki wrote: »
    Minieri & Durrr would be great to watch - if that is the line up for the 3rd table

Yeah, roll on table 3! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

What did people think about Peter Eastgates play with the K7 when Barry had AJ? I'm not sure about his play on the turn, pretty lucky for him he checked as it turned out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

digiman wrote: »
    What did people think about Peter Eastgates play with the K7 when Barry had AJ? I'm not sure about his play on the turn, pretty lucky for him he checked as it turned out

As i remember the flop was really really dry. With the action and the texture of the flop i think AJ was near the bottom of Barry's range so eastgate has to think he has very little FE on the turn ?

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

Opinions on Greensteins turn bet in the AJ hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

mdwexford wrote: »

When is your man Nick Cassavetes coming into it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭pocketdooz

Wow, Eli Elezra is absolutely brutal. There must be more to it - surely e can't be as much of a donk as he seems on the show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

I thought it was an excellent show. Obviously made that way purely because of Durrr's genius. Greenstein showed himself to be the best of the older pros, and Eastgate managed to look competent compared to all the other muppets, although he did seem to be kind of steaming in that last episode. Elezra, Negreanu and Zigmuund were absolutely atrocious IMO. Constantly playing ace rag and all sorts of junk hands in raised pots. Their strategy was basically hope to flop something, and to occasionally fire out a bluff if they missed, regardless of the board/ opponent. I didn't observe any deeper level of thinking at any stage from any of them. And did Doyle actually play a hand in the whole series?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Hawk Eye

TommyGunne wrote: »
    Opinions on Greensteins turn bet in the AJ hand?

I initially hated his turn bet on the J73Tss board but am kinda indifferent about it now. Maybe he thought eastgates range comprised mostly of pocket pairs 88,99 or missed overs with the cr that had picked up some outs with the ten and decided to just commit himself with a big bet. I think it's an easy check back if it's the 2s. I like eastgates check raise but am surprised he didn't fire the turn.

Was fist pumping when that deuce rolled off to complete eli's straight, it would have been an injustice for that man to be even close to breakeven with some of his the hands that he has played. Plus I really dislike him. Also hate Laak but will be watching next week purely cause of Antonius.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Elezra looked like he wanted to rip somebodys head off towards the end, as if he was waiting for someone to take the piss out of him so he could leap across the table and so some Israeli special forces **** on them.

Next few episodes will have more table chat but seems a bit nittier, without Dwan driving the action it'll probably have smaller pots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

by the promo hand antonius totally soulowns laak, which will keep me interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Rakeline

I like it to its about the only pokershow that is good (party pokers big cash game does be alright) There was a bit of justice with Greenstien losing that hand if just for his comments math is idiotic last week which sounded stupid.

Negreanu is running really bad which makes him tilt almost looks scared to play cause he knows he'll lose. I think the 2nd best at the table is Benyamine really solid playing so far people seem to just give him money. Its good though ill watch it all till the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Dwan looks like the real deal alright but he did run hot through the 6 shows with the exception of getting his aces getting cracked by Barry. I have not followed him online and would like to see more. His preflop range and overbet bluffs look dangerous. Eli, Doyle, sung David and plant boy Ziggy hardly add up to the best of the best. That said the boy is something to watch. I liked Eastgates play and over time I think he would do well. I would like to see Benyamine mix it up a bit more but with Zig, Dan, Durr, Eli and Eastgate at the table sung could deffo be profitable if not spectacular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

I was really surprised by Negreanu's negativity. Sure he ran bad but there certainly could have been some damage limitation on his part. Let's be hoenst, he played rubbish too and that was the primary reason for going busto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭malinh

Daniel looked like the typical Jackpot punter down to the case 50 euro looking to get it in with any sort of rubbish. Taught he played awful. Ziggy looked terrible. I think part of it might have been that he ran a little bad not hitting enough of anything to play anywere near as aggressive as he would of liked. Best series so far IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Rakeline wrote: »
    I like it to its about the only pokershow that is good (party pokers big cash game does be alright) There was a bit of justice with Greenstien losing that hand if just for his comments math is idiotic last week which sounded stupid.

Negreanu is running really bad which makes him tilt almost looks scared to play cause he knows he'll lose. I think the 2nd best at the table is Benyamine really solid playing so far people seem to just give him money. Its good though ill watch it all till the end of the season.

Imo Benyamine looks like hes playin scared at the table. The one thing he is doing is playin very tight and gettin his big hands well paid off because no one wants to be bluffed by him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Whyno wrote: »
    Imo Benyamine looks like hes playin scared at the table. The one thing he is doing is playin very tight and gettin his big hands well paid off because no one wants to be bluffed by him.

What more do you want? Do you realise what you are saying? He has a terrible image and is capitilising on it, but you want him to start bluffing more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭looserock

Benyamine wasn't very exciting to watch and Brunson was asleep in between big hands, but didn't they both win?

I probably have that wrong is there somewhere to get the results of the table?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

no that sounds pretty accurate. Benyamine hit a few hands big and Doyle managed to get away with slow playing a few big pairs.

whats people's ideal line up?

PA, Durr, Negreanu, Devilfish, that Texan dude who used to play them all in Vegas, the Chief...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

Ziggy looked lost and seemed to be constantly nattering to himself
    a good few hands he could only win on river by betting but never bothered he should stick to plo.
    Doyle ffs legend of past hes too tight for entertainment.
    Elezra is great value if your a high stakes player youd love to see him at the table.
    Durr was excellent.
    Benyamine is more of a lunatic in plo i think and played good solid poker unlike
    Negreanu who played all sorts of rubbish trying to flop big hands and looked a broken man leaving the table.
    Eastgate played well for most of it hes still very young.
    All in all very entertaining show

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Anyone have any idea how much players are up or down after the first table?

Also, is it just me or when Daniel left and he gave the dealer the tip chips, they weren't his to give :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 goonruby

Clareman, the tips that Daniel give the dealer are $5 chips and these dont play in this cash game. The only purpose of these chips are for tipping the dealer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

they were probably just redbirds

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

goonruby wrote: »
    Clareman, the tips that Daniel give the dealer are $5 chips and these dont play in this cash game. The only purpose of these chips are for tipping the dealer!!

Yeah, I know, I was trying to make a funny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

NickyOD wrote: »
    It was more of a "plea" than an offer from Greenstein imo.
    I thought so too, I was delighted when Durrr just said "No, Sorry." Karma served up for his stupid "Maths is idiotic" comment, I got the meaning behind him saying it, but the timing was completely inappropriate.

I'm really not looking forward to the next line-up, I have a feeling I may not be able to watch it. Laak and Antonio are just too annoying for words at this stage. I can't see Antonius being able to save it the way Durrr did, but hopefully.
    Hawk Eye wrote: »
    I initially hated his turn bet on the J73Tss board but am kinda indifferent about it now. Maybe he thought eastgates range comprised mostly of pocket pairs 88,99 or missed overs with the cr that had picked up some outs with the ten and decided to just commit himself with a big bet. I think it's an easy check back if it's the 2s. I like eastgates check raise but am surprised he didn't fire the turn.
    I didn't like the sizing of it at all. I'd say Eastgate was going for a CRAI on that turn, but Barry bet too much and he realised he had no FE so decided not to bother, Barry obviously had a 7 beaten and wasn't folding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Ste05 wrote: »

I didn't like the sizing of it at all. I'd say Eastgate was going for a CRAI on that turn, but Barry bet too much and he realised he had no FE so decided not to bother

I very much doubt this. Eastgate only has around 200k in the hand against Eli at the end of the show. He doesn't play many hands between that hand and the one with Barry so this was roughly his remaining stack on the turn in that hand with Barry.

The pot on the turn is 300k in the hand between Eastgate and Barry so even if Barry bets 1/3 pot for 100k eastgate can never push and hope to have FE.

Opr

Advertisement