Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSP season 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Barrys turn bet is horrid

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

opr wrote: »
    I very much doubt this. Eastgate only has around 200k in the hand against Eli at the end of the show. He doesn't play many hands between that hand and the one with Barry so this was roughly his remaining stack on the turn in that hand with Barry.

The pot on the turn is 300k in the hand between Eastgate and Barry so even if Barry bets 1/3 pot for 100k eastgate can never push and hope to have FE.

Opr
    I thought he had about 400k...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

pocketdooz wrote: »
    Wow, Eli Elezra is absolutely brutal. There must be more to it - surely e can't be as much of a donk as he seems on the show?

Nope there is nothing else. He is just terrible.
    NickyOD wrote: »
    I was really surprised by Negreanu's negativity. Sure he ran bad but there certainly could have been some damage limitation on his part. Let's be hoenst, he played rubbish too and that was the primary reason for going busto.

Someone I think Lloyd posted a link in bbv to episode 1 of season 1. The difference between Negreanus general demeanour from then to now is just incredible. He looks a total shell of himself.

cooker3 wrote: »
    Someone I think Lloyd posted a link in bbv to episode 1 of season 1. The difference between Negreanus general demeanour from then to now is just incredible. He looks a total shell of himself.
    It must be pretty soul destroying to go from one of the best in your profession, to not much more than just a name and a face in the space of 5 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    by the promo hand antonius totally soulowns laak, which will keep me interested

looking forward to seeing if this gets laak back in his box but can imagine it will just have him talking more

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

What more do you want? Do you realise what you are saying? He has a terrible image and is capitilising on it, but you want him to start bluffing more?

No i just want him to go bust again and probably start crying on the table..Thats all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

So many experts in here , tis funny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

I like laak, his bird is a pain in the hole though

True, but what a rack.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

tm2204 wrote: »
    True, but what a rack.....:D

QFT

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

To the peeps saying Barry was scared in the big pot and good on Tom for not taking money off the table. Dwan asked for multiple runs before Barry asked to take money back so it aint so cool.

Pretty boring show tbh. I much prefer Poker After Dark. Far more interesting hands.

• Advertisement

zuutroy wrote: »
    To the peeps saying Barry was scared in the big pot and good on Tom for not taking money off the table. Dwan asked for multiple runs before Barry asked to take money back so it aint so cool.
    Did he??

I thought he just said, "I'll do whatever you want"

EDIT: IMO Barry was visibly worried, but he's stuck with his whole 'I only ever run it once' reputation and obv didn't want to back down on that and look bad in front of the camera cos the pot was so huge. His ego stopped him running it a few times, and the only way he could reduce the variance for himself was to take money out of the pot, and Durrrr was obviously the one in that pot who wasn't bothered about the size of the pot and wasn't going to pander to him...

zuutroy wrote: »
    Dwan asked for multiple runs before Barry asked to take money back so it aint so cool.

I don't think he did, and Barry clearly was scared imo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Jennifer Tilly is 51 years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

lafortezza wrote: »

Long overdue for a trade-in imo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

You offering to exchange places with her for Phil Nicky?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

keane2097 wrote: »

Yeah I got it a little bit wrong....The dealer asked if they were running it once and Tom said he didn't mind and asked Barry. I mistook it for Tom offering to run it twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,322 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

keane2097 wrote: »

I really doubt he was scared, he's just thinking realistically it's alot of money to flip for. Taking money back wouldn't have changed their equity in the hand at all, long term they'd still make the same since it was a dead even flip. I think it was actually a sensible thing to do tbh, or at least run it a few times. In that spot even if I was rolled for the limits I'd take a complete chop if it was offered.

Oh and yeah Poker After Darks 6 man cash game with Dwan playing was very very good also, anyone who liked this season of HSP should really check it out, it's up in full on their own website.

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

lafortezza wrote:

oatauu.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Poker After Dark is the rolls royce of poker TV.

The 6 man cash games were decent but otherwise I don't think it comes close to HSP. The 6-man sit and go with Harrington, Lederer and a few other Mayfair club regs was one of the most boring pieces of television I think I've ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

carlop wrote: »
    The 6 man cash games were decent but otherwise I don't think it comes close to HSP. The 6-man sit and go with Harrington, Lederer and a few other Mayfair club regs was one of the most boring pieces of television I think I've ever seen

fact

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

DeadParrot wrote: »
    oatauu.jpg

Id-Hit-It-12.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

I'd hit Tilly like she owed me money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

I`d hit her so hard she`d think the whole irish rubgy back row just ran over her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭mormank

ok we get it already guys!! none of you are gettin any..dont be so lame..it got lame fast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

carlop wrote: »

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Poker After Dark is the rolls royce of poker TV.

really? I thought it was mostly cat. But was watching it on Cable with a break literally every 3 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

Slash/ED wrote: »
    I really doubt he was scared, he's just thinking realistically it's alot of money to flip for. Taking money back wouldn't have changed their equity in the hand at all, long term they'd still make the same since it was a dead even flip. I think it was actually a sensible thing to do tbh, or at least run it a few times. In that spot even if I was rolled for the limits I'd take a complete chop if it was offered.

I agree completely. If either of them were thinking in any way straight they would have taken all the money back. Who wants to flip for 400k+ each? the only reason they wouldn't was ego (although I'm presuming that the 50 / 50 odds on the screen did not take into account that Eastgate folded an ace, in their minds one might have thought they were a slight favourite).
    Slash/ED wrote: »
    Oh and yeah Poker After Darks 6 man cash game with Dwan playing was very very good also, anyone who liked this season of HSP should really check it out, it's up in full on their own website.

don't suppose you know which season / ep that was?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

a147pro wrote: »
    Who wants to flip for 400k+ each?

People who are multimillionaires? Also a lot of them are probably only playing some of their own money.

A large part of High Stakes Poker is getting your opponents on tilt, so if you think you can handle the tilt better than your opponent you want to increase the variance as much as possible

Advertisement