Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSP season 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

a147pro wrote: »
    don't suppose you know which season / ep that was?

Couldn't say for sure but it was towards the end of '08 from memory so I think one season previous to this one. It'll be on here somewhere...http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/23011821

Think the line up had himself, Hellmuth, that Mike Baxter guy who's some kind of business man who I think was on HSP at one point too, and two of Elezra, Brunson and maybe Cunningham? Definitely himself Hellmuth Baxter and Peat anyway, pretty sure Doyle and Cunningham were the other two but not 100%

EDIT to say that I think at the bottom of that page its the one with the picture of Hellmuth that says cash game, in the episodes 27-32 bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Wombatman wrote: »
    Dwan looks like the real deal alright but he did run hot through the 6 shows with the exception of getting his aces getting cracked by Barry. I have not followed him online and would like to see more. His preflop range and overbet bluffs look dangerous.

Which overbets?
    a147pro wrote: »

whats people's ideal line up?

PA, Durr, Negreanu, Devilfish, that Texan dude who used to play them all in Vegas, the Chief... Bob Battersby .... Phil Helmuth .... Gabe Kaplin

• Registered Users Posts: 36,320 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    So,

one episode with a line up of nits was dull != the entire show being dull

No I was just giving an example of one particular episode that I found especially boring. Other than the PAD cash games however, I find that watching a shallow stacked sit and go is not as interesting as watching a deep stacked cash game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I was levelling when I said PAD was better fwiw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

New episode is very meh, one or two ok hands, Esfandiari with his incessant blah blah blah.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Headspace

there was hardly any hands at all. Boring show I can only imagine how boring it was playing if that was the best of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

New episode is very meh, one or two ok hands, Esfandiari with his incessant blah blah blah.

Any chance you could stick it up in here Danny...can't bloody access pokertube over here...dam Arab's have all sort of gambling sites blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

Wish Esfandiari would STFU with his weeeeeehhhhhhh, etc:

Looking for good things from Antonius over next few weeks...

:D

P.S. Danny, how do you embed pokertube videos directly into a post or do you use the videos from YouTube and use the YouTube tags?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

SWAR wrote: »
    Any chance you could stick it up in here Danny...can't bloody access pokertube over here...dam Arab's have all sort of gambling sites blocked.

Yeah will do but it hasnt been uploaded to Youtube yet, or else i just cant find it. But i will stick it up when i do find it or im sure some other obliging soul will aswell. Maybe you could try using a proxy site to work around the block?
    tm2204 wrote: »
    Wish Esfandiari would STFU with his weeeeeehhhhhhh, etc:

Looking for good things from Antonius over next few weeks...

:D

P.S. Danny, how do you embed pokertube videos directly into a post or do you use the videos from YouTube and use the YouTube tags?

I dont think you can embed the pokertube videos just Youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

was going to post them up but think ur missing an episode...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

Ace2007 wrote: »
    was going to post them up but think ur missing an episode...

You are right...sorry. Can't find part 5 :(

Can you post it if you have it? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Only seen two hands and already I'm thinking Hachem is going to play pretty bad in this series.

EDIT: Wow with the jacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Whatever about the Jacks, Lederers check raise to find out where he was at then folding to a min raise was way way way beyond awful. That was a horrible play for any professional to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭meathman 007

The Antonio and Phil 'show' is painful to watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭FeetMagic

That-was-a-waste-of-time.Utter-crap.

Slash/ED wrote: »
    Whatever about the Jacks, Lederers check raise to find out where he was at then folding to a min raise was way way way beyond awful. That was a horrible play for any professional to make.

yeah lol @ lederer. He probably thouight he saved money on the hand by not having to face a big river bet.

Piss poor episode overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Trampas

Pure garbage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

As expected. Annoying and boring.
    Lol @ the amount of raising to see where you are at. Lederers play was so awful. The show missed Durr so badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

durrr v antonius would be worth watchin imo....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Good lord that was awful.

Also wtf @ Laak and the T2 hand, and the other guy with T4. Car crash.

Lol @ Lederer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Yeah that was piss poor but i still wanna know what score Cassavetes gives "Fight Club" :pac:

Cousins just got the Aussie millions cash game which has a mixed plo/nl game and an hour of just Antonius vs Durrr heads up.

Opr

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Lederer is scared money at that table, did you see him fold Ace Jack UTG, he's trying to play ABC poker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭meathman 007

Clareman wrote: »
    Lederer is scared money at that table,

Level? Lederer is worth 9 figures and makes Antonius and co bankroll look small...

Lederer is scared money at that table, did you see him fold Ace Jack UTG, he's trying to play ABC poker

Playing tight doesn't mean you're playing scared.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Very true, but I think he's looking out of his depth, I am not questioning the fact that he's a great player and that he's at a much higher level than I will ever play at, but he doesn't seem to be comfortable at that table though, although I don't think anyone is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Very true, but I think he's looking out of his depth, I am not questioning the fact that he's a great player and that he's at a much higher level than I will ever play at, but he doesn't seem to be comfortable at that table though, although I don't think anyone is

PA = the definition of cool and comfortable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

I hope Antonio is cast as a tranny jail bitch......

Advertisement