Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSP season 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Sammy used to do this to me :D

Yeah i couldn't help lol @ that.

opr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

That Gabe Kaplin is a good commentator, i wonder if his observations are made at the time or on reflection though.

I would assume that some of his commentary is made on the spot and that they would add bits and pieces to it later on when editing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

That Gabe Kaplin is a good commentator
    Maybe so but Gabe Kaplan is terrible, really bad. First good commentator I heard was the guy doing the aussie millions invitational.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

I like Gabe, he's cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Maybe so but Gabe Kaplan is terrible, really bad. First good commentator I heard was the guy doing the aussie millions invitational.

No way, he had the same line for every hand,"all he's got is a bluff catcher",over and over and over.......................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

No way, he had the same line for every hand,"all he's got is a bluff catcher",over and over and over.......................

Yeah it was unreal the amount of times he said it, I think in his mind aa pre is a bluff catcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I like him as a commentator. He has some funny lines but as a poker analyst he is pretty terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

cooker3 wrote: »
    I like him as a commentator. He has some funny lines but as a poker analyst he is pretty terrible.

I think a lot of his analysis is actually quite good. He's is good at explaining funky plays from the player's perspective, but you'll never see him insult someone's play even though I'm sure he knows when a player is being a complete donk.

cooker3 wrote: »

I don't think he is terrible, his knowledge is obviously a bit dated and he is always going on about raising to see where people are, but he's funny and charming which is way more important IMO

Sorry PL, I got confused

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I don't think he is terrible, his knowledge is obviously a bit dated and he is always going on about raising to see where people are, but he's funny and charming which is way more important IMO

yeah, plus he's part of one of the greatest clips on youtube!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

yeah, plus he's part of one of the greatest clips on youtube!

Fantastic. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

I don't know where you guys are getting this stuff about Gabe. He knows next to nothing about poker(in a relative sense at least), but his commentary is good for the game in general. I don't find it particularly stimulating though but I'm sure lots of fish will enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

In fairness they're hardly going to have say Phil Galfond on co-commentary analysing every hand and discussing optimal bluffing frequencies vs peoples ranges in certain spots or whatever, because most people watching wont have a clue what he's on about or care. Gabe is exactly what most people want, has more than enough knowledge for what they're after and is entertaining too. He also knows most of the people he's watching games quite well/has played with most of them which helps too.

Slash/ED wrote: »
    In fairness they're hardly going to have say Phil Galfond on co-commentary analysing every hand and discussing optimal bluffing frequencies vs peoples ranges in certain spots or whatever, because most people watching wont have a clue what he's on about or care. Gabe is exactly what most people want, has more than enough knowledge for what they're after and is entertaining too. He also knows most of the people he's watching games quite well/has played with most of them which helps too.

Agree totally with this.

Besides, most people that you'd say know what they are talking about would make you want to kill yourself listening to them.

If Durrr commentated I'd listen because he might say some fascinating stuff but his general style of speech and interaction is so infuriating that the average viewer would immediately turn off.

Basically, most poker players would be worse than listening to Jimmy Magee commentating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

OH MY GOD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Isn't Phil Galfond that guy who was on an earlier series, the guy everyone was calling a nit, sure why would they have him commentating:confused:

Another crappy episode. At least Dwan is back next week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Yeah episodes are getting weaker and weaker the last few weeks, that BS about the pushups was a total waste of time, Laak and Esfandiari looking for TV time as usual.

Hachem seems to play reasonably well, Antonious looks as if he might go postal with the retardedness going on around him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Anyone care ta post up d new episode.In work and cant access pokertube :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭singee88

i really cant stand watchin howard lederrer on this,:mad::mad::mad:get sammy farha back:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭RedJoker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

OMG_foolswantnoise_albumcover_300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭mickc

next weeks episode today
    GSN uploaded wrong episode!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

http://www.savevid.com/ is handy for nabbing youtube stuff if you can't watch that new one now, cause gtd it will be taken down in the next hour or so

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

mickc wrote: »
    next weeks episode today
    GSN uploaded wrong episode!!

Nice Spot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Isn't Phil Galfond that guy who was on an earlier series, the guy everyone was calling a nit, sure why would they have him commentating:confused:

Because he's an unbelievable online player? Google OMGClayAiken...

AFAIK he's the only person on the planet that durrr excluded from his million dollar challenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

great call by patrick!

lederer shuda went all in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

First episode was painful, second was a bit better.

I know I'm a nit and I'm obviously a number of levels of thinking below both of them, but I hate both Durr and Antonius' play against Lederer and Laak respectively.

• Advertisement

Just at the end of the second vid you can see Antonius rolling his eyes and sitting back into his chair the game is tilting him so bad. LOL

Advertisement