Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSP season 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

looooooooool howard looks so crushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭RedJoker

looooooooool howard looks so crushed.

From 2+2:
    chardonis wrote:
    3458532473_3a0af23e60_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

mickc wrote: »
    next weeks episode today
    GSN uploaded wrong episode!!

Sweet...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

mickc wrote: »
    next weeks episode today
    GSN uploaded wrong episode!!

I loaded it up to watch and had to close the tab, now it's gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I loaded it up to watch and had to close the tab, now it's gone :(

Lol guess I downloaded it just in time...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ye, I imagine a lot of poeple dled it so it should be up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭singee88

seriously thou howards own fault..........idiot:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Thanks mick, good find.
    That was worth watching if only to see Lederers reaction as to how durr ended up with a pair,priceless.
    Delighted for him,he comes across as a knob and was playing like a gimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Where can I get this? Could someone PM me the link,
    Thanks

<---- too:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

follow this link and put in the password:qwerty to see episode 9

Good work sherlock

Priceless look on his face, funnier to see it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

LOL at the commentary, Espandiari sez Pretty woman is a great love story,

Gabe sez poker players think any story with a hooker in it is a love story. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Anybody any thoughts on the Lederer/Durr hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Durrrrr defo spiced things up when he sat down in the leaked episode. Antonios looked disgusted tho, like a dominant male lion has just entered his patch!

FWIW i hated Durrrrrs play with the 86o. I think he needs to bet the flop/turn to protect his hand, and to make Lederer fold 99/1010/JJ. Not quite sure what peoples range is when you're in a hand with Durrrrr tho.

I'm also starting to hate Negreanu. His constant sniggering after big pots/calls/bluffs is moronic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Flushdraw wrote: »
    I'm also starting to hate Negreanu. His constant sniggering after big pots/calls/bluffs is moronic

Startin ta bug me bigtime too....Ya`d wonder why hes sniggering all the time cos hes the value in the game and stuck bigtime.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

Durrrrr defo spiced things up when he sat down in the leaked episode. Antonios looked disgusted tho, like a dominant male lion has just entered his patch!

FWIW i hated Durrrrrs play with the 86o. I think he needs to bet the flop/turn to protect his hand, and to make Lederer fold 99/1010/JJ. Not quite sure what peoples range is when you're in a hand with Durrrrr tho.

Negreanu making comments about Durrrr timing out if he 4tabled online while Durrr was involved in a hand was pretty tilting. Seems a bit weird that they all openly critise/comment on players hands etc while they are involved in pots. I always thought this was poor etiquette.

Lurker1977 wrote: »
    Negreanu making comments about Durrrr timing out if he 4tabled online while Durrr was involved in a hand was pretty tilting. Seems a bit weird that they all openly critise/comment on players hands etc while they are involved in pots. I always thought this was poor etiquette.

Yeah, he's coming across as a right clown. Durrrrr was counting chips and making a bet while Negreanu is making that comment. Really bad form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

That 68 hand is wierd. Half think Durr checked the turn purely to get the hand to shown down to emphasise how fooked up his play can be. He may save this next few shows though. Was untolerable before he got there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

Just saw the link now. Episode 9 looks a lot better than the previous show. WTF were they thinking getting a guy like Sam Simon on the show. He might be mega rich etc. but he's kitchen table standard and couldn't possibly prove to be too exciting. Pretty funny him leaving, and Durrr taking his seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Simon was fine, didn't make any big mistakes in any hands he was invovled in that I remember and that's all we saw of him, bar limping AA utg but Lederer did that too iirc.

Durrr couldn't c bet with the 86o because he was basically against the bottom of Lederers range and couldn't figure to have much FE especially given his image, Lederer could easily have called there with AA KK etc and was pretty much only folding AK at that point, once he hits showdown value against the only hand he'll fold out on the turn betting becomes pointless.

I thought Nick Cassevetes(sp?) played quite well and was pleasantly surprised when he raised the QJo hand. Sam Simon folded an overpair when most others at the table would have peeled and folded to a turn bet. It was easily better than Esfandiari calling Durrrr's 3bet pre with 99, calling flop and folding on a blank turn. The call preflop is standard but calling the flop to fold to a turn bet makes little sense imo.

A blank turn? I seriously literally couldn't pick a less blank card in the deck, it was the ultimate scare card. iirc the flop was something like txx with two diamonds, and the turn was the ace of diamonds. Hardly blank! Maybe I'm misremembering though

EDIT - In fact did it not also complete an open ended straight draw, it was something like t25 dd with the Ad turn, right?

Slash/ED wrote: »
    once he hits showdown value against the only hand he'll fold out on the turn betting becomes pointless.

Do you not think that Lederer would fold 99/1010/JJ if Durrrrr fires for 100k+ on the turn?

Do you not think that Lederer would fold 99/1010/JJ if Durrrrr fires for 100k+ on the turn?

Maybe, but against Tom Dwan, maybe not, he's the only player at the table he'd not instamuck against. I don't think he calls with 99 pre though fwiw, probably not 1010 either. He's quite a nit and I think once he flat calls a 5 bet pre flop oop it looks like he's going nowhere postflop, I don't think his range consists of pretty much any hands he flats with there with the intention of folding that flop to Dwan at any stage, unless he has exactly what he has.

Slash/ED wrote: »
    Simon was fine, didn't make any big mistakes in any hands he was invovled in that I remember and that's all we saw of him, bar limping AA utg but Lederer did that too iirc.

IIRC so did Laak. And as for Antonius' call down with T4, Laak had checked the flop with EVERY big hand he had so when he fires the flop its hard for him to have a big hand. Firing 3 streets also polarises his range when he had been happy to get to SD with 1 pair hands only VB the nut flush he hit versus esfandiari's pocket 7's.

Lurker1977 wrote: »
    IIRC so did Laak. And as for Antonius' call down with T4, Laak had checked the flop with EVERY big hand he had so when he fires the flop its hard for him to have a big hand. Firing 3 streets also polarises his range when he had been happy to get to SD with 1 pair hands only VB the nut flush he hit versus esfandiari's pocket 7's.

Exactly, having watched the episode I understand the call alot better now. He basically wasn't value betting in any way thin at all especially against Antonious, the way the hand played out it really was an absolute nut hand or air. He even checked with aces twice in that hand, despite turning the NFD to go along with his overpair. He seemed afraid of making any kind of thin bet and facing a raise and being put to a marginal tough decision at any point on that table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

Just watching it now, go the prop betting **** is so tilting. Also what the **** is up with the cuffs? Maybe i'm just in a bad mood.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭HIVeindhoven

Lederer is awful.
    No wonder he was sleeping on park benches in new york in the old days.

Advertisement