Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSP season 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Lederer is awful.
    No wonder he was sleeping on park benches in new york in the old days.

haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Was just reading this forum where Barry posts about the AA hand he played with Durrrrr and Eastgate. Both Durrrrr and Eastgate chip in with their analysis of the hand....Durrrrrs thought process is class..

"as far as my thought process... i just throw chips in the pot and hope to win, or something like that."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

lederers expression at the end priceless

Durr is legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

Don't think its very nice of Negrenau to be laughing pretty much in Howard's face when he's just lost that pot to durrrr.
    Also Laak is a numpty.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Daniel Negreanu is an odious little man.

I can't wait to see him go busto again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

This was posted in the BBV but for those who didn't see it, it's a thread on the 8 way hand with posts from Greenstein and one from Dwan and Eastgate

http://www.pokerroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5203

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Was just reading this forum where Barry posts about the AA hand he played with Durrrrr and Eastgate. Both Durrrrr and Eastgate chip in with their analysis of the hand....Durrrrrs thought process is class..

"as far as my thought process... i just throw chips in the pot and hope to win, or something like that."
    Slash/ED wrote: »
    This was posted in the BBV but for those who didn't see it, it's a thread on the 8 way hand with posts from Greenstein and one from Dwan and Eastgate

http://www.pokerroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5203

Your powers of observation amaze me :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Ah I missed that...It's been a long day in fairness...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

actually lol'd at antonio

"we lost sam simon?"

DN: "yeah were getting durrrr"

"nice trade"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

keane2097 wrote: »
    Daniel Negreanu is an odious little man.

I can't wait to see him go busto again.

when did he go busto before? he's not going busto for a long time as long as he's with pokerstars and continues being daniel negreanu the irritating celebrity whore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think Antonius made a super call, hard call to make. You seen Laak play safe poker, but he is well capable of changing it up and it would have been a great play with a set in that situation also. Antonius is the coolest guy I've ever seen playing the game, he never gets the slightest bit fazed and thats what makes him the best imo.

On the Tom Dwan/Durrrr hand, he was confused all the way through that hand. He thought when Lederer flat called the four bet that he was way behind and rightly checked it down. The only time he could believe that he was ahead was on the river when Lederer checked but he is still getting called there only by hands that have him beat.

As for Negreanu, well I like the guy. I don't get what others don't like about him. Lederer is loaded so laughing there is not all that bad. Its not like either of them would be in bad shape if they lost 500k. Its just small money to them guys on a scale that is.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ye unlike all the sentiments on this thread I quite like negreanu laak antonio(maybe less of the I love america though).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

i dont mind antonio most of the time, but that weeeeeeeeee **** is really annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭pocketdooz

Can anyone explain / hazard a guess at Durrrr's raise to 65k (ish) when Lederer raised to 35k (ish) ?

Can't get my head around that one

Thanks

pocketdooz wrote: »
    Can anyone explain / hazard a guess at Durrrr's raise to 65k (ish) when Lederer raised to 35k (ish) ?

Can't get my head around that one

Thanks

Do you mean the fact is wasn't double the bet? e.g 35k to 70k?

The raise only has to be double the last raise so if Durrrr makes it 10k, lederer makes it 30k, Durrrr can make it 50k.

If you're looking for in depth poker analysis of the head...wait in line!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭pocketdooz

Do you mean the fact is wasn't double the bet? e.g 35k to 70k?

The raise only has to be double the last raise so if Durrrr makes it 10k, lederer makes it 30k, Durrrr can make it 50k.

If you're looking for in depth poker analysis of the head...wait in line!

lol, no I should have been clearer - looking for insight into what he could possibly have been thinking there. I think Lederer's call was pretty awful there but could Durrrr have thought he would call with just that type of hand. If Lederer has the hand he was representing (JJ+ ?) was Durrrr trying to make him lay JJ, QQ, AK down or what was going on? I couldn't work out why he's ask him, find out exactly what he had and then deliberately put him in a push/fold position (I thought) when Dwan only held 86o

Any thought? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

yeah Lederer's flat call seemed really donkish. like when you first start playing and you say to yourself "I'll see if an A or K comes on the flop". although we are watching with the benefit of seeing the previous episodes hole cards, in which case my natural instinct is to push over Dwan's raise every time

I used to like Negreanu but do find him annoying now. the sneering at the end of big pots is like he's jealous of the attention the players inthe pot are getting and he;s desperate to attach himself to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Just watched Ep 9
    for the life of me I cannot fathom Lederer's flat call.
    He had 135k behind preflop before durrs 4bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Good episode.

It beggars belief what Daniel was at in some of these hands.

PA's story was class "I couldn't fold it, i just had to show him he was wrong!" :p

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

agreed, it was actually painful to watch some of the hands he was in.

also, when that 6 was turned over = epic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭karpov33

Daniel lost a lot of big pots on high stakes over the years.His confidence is gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭FeetMagic

Decent episode. Pointless having lederer on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

FeetMagic wrote: »
    Decent episode. Pointless having lederer on the show.

just like have doyle on the other show...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Doyle is still a class act, the fact that he plays tight does not mean he is not worth having, its all about making money at the end of the day and Doyle is a winner.
    I'd love to know the profit and loss stats for the whole of HSP since it started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭FeetMagic

Ace2007 wrote: »

Ya but Doyles a bit of a legend and certainly plays a higher percentage of hands. He also buys in for 500k or 1mil whereas Lederer buys in for the minimum and just hopes to get paid off when he plays one hand every few hours! Obv good luck to him if its profitable but its sh*te tv.

Best part of the episode was Laak going through his thought process when Dwan put the tiny value bet on the river when Laak had the flush!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Gubbo

Best part of the episode was Laak going through his thought process when Dwan put the tiny value bet on the river when Laak had the flush!

Am I the only one that though Laak was just buying tv time - literally.

He knew he wasn't raising the river against Durr, he knew he wasn't folding his flush to such a small bet, it doesn't leave anything but a crying call.

Thank god neither him or Esfandiari are there next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I thought Laaks speech was funny as well, PA's story about calling the 90k on the river to prove to his friend he was wrong was good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

Gubbo wrote: »
    Am I the only one that though Laak was just buying tv time - literally.

no, he's always at it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Wwwweeeeeeeeee……. Squeak …….squeak……….squeak
    Who stole my money? ....... Wanna make a gay prop bet so I can have more tv time?...... Sucking up to Hollywood guys.

All this going on while you are trying to play poker at this level.

I would tilt to the max or just slap the freak and leave.

Advertisement