Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to stop a stray tom spraying! Help

Options
  • 02-03-2009 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

There is a stray tom cat that passes my house nightly and sprays! The smell is so bad. Can anyone recommend anything to stop him.

I am a cat owner so cant have anything that will upset my own cats! If i could catch him i would get him neutered but i rarely see him apart from when he is attacking one of my own!

Also can anyone recommend something good to get rid of the smell.:(

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lolabugs

Read somewhere that cats dont like citrus peel.
    Perhaps put a bowl outside with orange peel or something.

Havent tried this myself so dont know if it'll work for sure but worth the shot!!!!!!!!

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

You may be able to borrow a cage from the local vet or rescue group.

Use tuna as bait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

Get in touch with your local cat rescue group like The Cat Action trust, they could trap him, neuter him and release him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Apparently pepper is really good for deterring cats, sprinkle some over the area maybe?

Advertisement