Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sorry... No bag for you

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

joes girls wrote: »
    Everything

Here, have some of mine:
    """"",,,,.....;;;;;:::::!!!!!'''''

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭JohnC.

shezzie wrote: »
    nice to know there is one dunnes stores than can give customer service...hhhmmm refusing a customer request ...great....:rolleyes:

Do the other supermarkets give them out? I've never seen paper bags at grocery checkouts in Superquinn, Super Valu, Tesco, Aldi or Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Shop up the north, they give out plastic bags free :D I tend to grab a sneaky handful extra so I have them when I need something small down here!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Tesco used to do paper bags for drapery, but no longer do. First they were 'out of stock' and now they dont have them because apparently theres a big problem with them being set on fire in the car park??? Sounds like them saving money to me. Tesco are also the store who suspended a member of staff for not charging the bag levy to a customer. So bear in mind breaking shop rules can have repercussions on the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Oryx wrote: »
    Tesco are also the store who suspended a member of staff for not charging the bag levy to a customer. So bear in mind breaking shop rules can have repercussions on the staff.

That is not just a case of breaking shop rules. That is breaking the law. That person was leaving Tesco open to up to €3,000 fine and/or 12 months imprisonment on summary conviction. Or on indictment, up to €15 million and/or 10 years imprisonment. So I think it is probably fair enough that person was suspended.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Kahless wrote: »
    That is not just a case of breaking shop rules. That is breaking the law. That person was leaving Tesco open to up to €3,000 fine and/or 12 months imprisonment on summary conviction. Or on indictment, up to €15 million and/or 10 years imprisonment. So I think it is probably fair enough that person was suspended.
    I used the term shop rules as a generality to cover all the laws the shop has to consider and their own regulations when advising staff on practices. The op in this case is talking about the giving away of paper bags, which is a shop rule, I was making the point that the staff have to abide by these rules for whatever reason, or risk their job. Its not just about customer satisfaction. You have to keep your supervisor happy too!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

shezzie wrote: »

i just think if a dunnes employee can see the customer needing assistance, the paper bag costs 0 pennies...they should give it...the OP obviosly didnt have that much if he wanted a paper bag..

The paper bags don't cost 0 cent, they just don't have a 22c enviromental tax.

The OP was trying to avoid paying the 22 cent tax and then comes on here moaning about not getting a paper bag from a different shop, which is how Dunnes treat their grocery and drapery departments.

Advertisement