Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change the phone number of my BB paymonthly account

• 02-03-2009 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks, I have finally got up to date with the techo world and bought a blackberry storm. What i want to do now is the following:

I have a business phone that's currently on vodafone PAYG (as i only use it to receive calls)

and i have a pay monthly vodafone sim in my broadband modem which i want to put into my blackberry.

Does anyone know if i can get the number on the BB sim changed to the number on the PAYG sim and throw away the PAYG sim.

Kind Regards,
    S

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

I dont get why. I only know about 3s and meteors sims for the broadband but I dont think you'll be able to used your BB sim for anything other than data? I mean it's do able to transfer the number, even if the vodafone sim allows you to use voice every single call will be charged for by the minute and at out of bundle rates to. You're bill would sky rocket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's possible to change the numbers on accounts and swap them back and forth but generally the networks will not do it as it can lead to billing issues, extra work for their tech team and general hassles.

No harm in asking them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

My aim is to use my Blackberry for mobile browsing and receiving calls only, this will eliminate the need for two phones and to stop top-ups. My business number is say 087++++++++ and my BB sim number is 087=======

I want to have my blackberry phone with a BBsim ring is someone rings my business number, so i want to end up with only 087++++++++ for both broadband and calls.

wit me?:) Tis a recession an all....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

yeah with ya now, i guess its possible, i know when doing it on 3 it's possible to change the number but once a sim is set up solely for BB usage it's not MEANT to make or recieve voice calls... but sometimes it just does.
    The only thing that will stand in your way is finding a customer care agent who'll be willing to actually help

Advertisement