Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Flights?

Options
  • 02-03-2009 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Im planning on moving to Perth at the end of the month, have my WHV sorted, just looking to book flights now. Im travelling with a friend and have held off on booking flights until now as we hadn't set a definite date until we had work sorted.

Anyway, the price of flights seem to have jumped up over the last few days, we had been looking at AustralianHolidays.ie, they had flights for about €450-€550 but since March 1st this has jumped up to between €600 - €700...

We're fairly flexible on the flight date (anytime after 23rd March) and airline, just not sure where the best place to look is? Any links would be helpful!

Also, is there much difference between Quantas, Cathay Pacific, Thai Airways etc... don't mind paying the extra few quid to avoid being on some Asian version of Ryanair :D

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Allo Roryc,

Im flying in the 1st April to Perth from Cork. See you there. :D;)

I had flights with Air France and after 2 months of fighting got my money back and booked with Singapore instead.

Our Singapore flights came to €1048.40 each return.

Here is what I do which is btw wasting people's time. Questionable to say the least. :(

I speak to travel agents who had live up to the date information by fidelio(mostly) who e-mail me an itinerary which is the cheapest they could find.

I take their information and phone the airlines themselves and book it direct removing the middle man/woman and their fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

you paid 1k for flights!!

roryc wrote: »
    you paid 1k for flights!!

Thats a good price for Australia. 8 years ago I paid £998 Irish Punt.

BTW. Im only going to Perth for 9 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Fuck sake we're bein invaded! :pac:

www.cheaptickets.com is your only man for the best way to get here. I presume you're goin one way Rory? If so the you're looking at about €670 with two options available -

Dublin - London - Kuala Lumpur - Perth (BMI, Malaysian Airlines)

or

Dublin - London - Singapore - Perth (BMI, Qantas)

Much of a muchness really.

Xavi6 wrote: »

Better the devil you know. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Xavi6 wrote: »

www.cheaptickets.com is your only man for the best way to get here. I presume you're goin one way Rory? If so the you're looking at about €670 with two options available -

Dublin - London - Kuala Lumpur - Perth (BMI, Malaysian Airlines)

or

Dublin - London - Singapore - Perth (BMI, Qantas)

Much of a muchness really.

Cheers Neil, yeh just looking for one way. Wouldn't mind a nights stopover somewhere, nearly booked a flight with a night stopover in Hong Kong last week, was only €550! Flight seems to have disappeared/filled up :(

We're meeting a few mates in Perth, any ideas on decent accommodation? Not looking to work for the first while, I've about $30k to bring with me and will (hopefully) just play a bit of poker online to get by, or working when I need to etc. Its worked the last 6 months anyway :D

Whats it like in Perth, you back yet or still in this dump?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Jaysis $30k is about 7 months wages so you'll be grand for a while anyway!

I got back on Saturday so still gettin into the work buzz again. Not good.

Perth's grand at the moment. Weather's still around 30 degrees most days so still nice. Accomodation wise will you be looking for an apartment? If so I can recommend a few good areas close to the usual ammenities.

Advertisement