Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toilet underneath stairs costs?

• 02-03-2009 9:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I received a quote to put a toilet and sink under our stairs but thought the price was unreasonable. Currently this is just a junk store room. I want to convert to with a small basin and toilet, tiled half way up. To make the room big enough it will require moving the door from the hall to the kithchen back approx 18" into the kitchen. Living in a typical 3 bed semi on southside Dublin. Would anyone have any idea what price approx I should be paying and maybe recommend someone please?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Very difficult to say without a site inspection. There are a number of factors that would effect price, heres just afew:-
    • Connection to existing sewer pipe - distance involved.
    • Cost to excavate floor, lay sewer pipe and make good floor.
    • Cost of new stud wall, door including plastering.
    • Cost of extractor vent - distace to external wall / direction of ceiling joists.
    • Cost to make good ceiling.
    • Excavate under external wall, support structure and make good.
    • Cost of providing hot & cold water supply.
    • Cost of white furniture.
    I'm sure others will add to this list. I'd advise you to get at least 3 quotes from 3 reputable Builders. This will give you an idea of the going rate in your local area.

Advertisement