Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSMS for iPhone, iPod Touch now released.

Options
  • 02-03-2009 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

From the makers of JSMS, the popular desktop SMS software which has been downloaded over 10,000 times, we are proud to release Jelly SMS for the iPhone and iPod Touch.

Features:
    • Landscape SMS typing
    • Saved sent messages
    • Sent message forwarding by SMS or Mail
    • Send to multiple recipients at once
    • Works with over 25 providers including O2 Ireland, Meteor Ireland and Vodafone Ireland
    • Fetches remaining text balance (where applicable)
    • Message signature and more...

Here are a few promotional codes so that you can grab it for free. Sorry but you must have a US iTunes account to use these (I can't get them for Irish users yet).

The only thing I ask is that you leave a review in the App Store after you download Jelly SMS.

9MHT9RKNRHNW
    LLNK3T4N6YX9
    4KMTEX4XR4WH
    X3FJLHEHMN9P

*edit* See jellysms.com for more info and a demo video.

*edit*
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

Thanks Finbar!

Gonna give it a good lash tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭need assistance

Thanks, works well for me on O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Can this App recieve text messages also? love the landscape mode and would love it to replace the native texting App.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

akadesign wrote: »
    Can this App recieve text messages also? love the landscape mode and would love it to replace the native texting App.

I'm afraid due to Apple's SDK restrictions I cannot get it to receive text messages. That would be nice if possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Looks lovely from the graphic here. Unfortunately no US account so can't try it out at the moment. Can't justify buying a second SMS app for testing :(

• Advertisement

No worries I will post Irish codes if they become available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭dave-higgz

Is this in anyway related to the Eirtext app, or is this a better alternative to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,564 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

dave-higgz wrote: »
    Is this in anyway related to the Eirtext app, or is this a better alternative to it?
    it looks better and if it runs like the desktop version (which i use on windows/mac/linux) which is great, but considering i'm a broke student i can't say if the mobile version is as good as i can't buy even the lite version :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭babypink

i have no problem plugging a free app - JSMS was free e.g.

I applaud the effort and talent that went into the app and wish every success with the app.

However, I have a problem with plugging a paid app - and not even a 99¢ app at that!

Being an Irish site - ideally codes should have been made available for the benefit of Irish App Store users, not just those who game the system.

Please confine further posts here to providing codes for Irish users.

*original post will be edited*

No problem. Unfortunately, Apple only supply US codes to developers which is a total pain for us "international" developers. If Apple ever open this up to Irish users, I will post a bunch of codes here.

Also, the reason why I must charge a fee for the mobile version is to try and recoup some of the large investment that went into making it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Do O2 UK have web texts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

fbradyirl wrote: »
    Also, the reason why I must charge a fee for the mobile version is to try and recoup some of the large investment that went into making it.

Totally understandable. We are just making the point that this then becomes an advert rather than a post, and that is moving into grey territory, esp with my dual modness!

I'm allowing it to run this time, as you have provided a good and free service with JSMS to the users on here, and I appreciate that you are on one level simply notifying JSMS users that the mobile version is now available, however on another level it is an advert.

This is a once-off though. We really cannot get into the habit of advertising software here. Now if an unbiased user were promoting the software, rather than the developer or someone else directly involved with the application that would be a different matter.

Jelly SMS Lite is now free for iPhone and iPod Touch users. Grab it while you can here.

Jelly SMS version 1.1 is now available on the App Store. This update includes
      support for Clickatell customers.
      Extra localisations in German, Italian and Spanish and
      Other bug fixes and minor enhancements
      a unique new feature which lets you insert your current location as a tiny URL into the SMS. Here is what it looks like:

Compose_MapsLink.png

Then, when the recipient clicks on the link in the SMS, Google Maps is launched. If the user doesn't have Google Maps on their device, they can type the URL into any web browser to see the location.

mapsIAMHERE.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Did you intend to charge users for the Lite version? I would download a Lite version of an app to trial it before buying. Seems a bit unfair to charge a user to do trial via the Lite version? :(

faceman wrote: »
    Did you intend to charge users for the Lite version? I would download a Lite version of an app to trial it before buying. Seems a bit unfair to charge a user to do trial via the Lite version? :(

No you're right. I had initially submitted the Lite version for free which was limited to 5 sms per day, but Apple rejected the app on the grounds that I wasn't allowed submit an app which "limited the functionality" in this way. I had to alter the plan a little.

So now in the end the Lite version is exactly the same as the full except for some adverts and it's half the price of the full. If I gave that away for free, I would have zero sales (which happened when I set it to free one day last week).

If you want to see a demo in action check out the blog here.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭pepperds

Hi guys,

as an avid user of the desktop version of JSMS I recently replaced Eirtext on my iPhone with your application. All works great except one thing... When I delete a letter it continues deleting everything I've typed... It only stops when I hit the space bar but this usually too late I've lost most of what I've typed. Any ideas? Am on v3.0 iPhone software.

pepperds wrote: »
    All works great except one thing... When I delete a letter it continues deleting everything I've typed... It only stops when I hit the space bar but this usually too late I've lost most of what I've typed. Any ideas? Am on v3.0 iPhone software.

Yes, this is a bug that was introduced in v3.0 and also affects other app's like Twitteriffic. It's very simple to fix. See the first post in the help section of my site for the steps to take:

http://www.jellysms.com/help

Let me know if you have any trouble getting it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭pepperds

Fantastic thanks very much - great service from you guys as usual.

• Advertisement
Advertisement