Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Offaly are you from?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Scawgeen

Sourced from where...Clara? :D
    Makes no sense. Applying your own theory, why place a distillery where there was no labour? Go back to the drawing board with that one Wine Guy..

I think what Wine_guy means is the bottlewashers were lower down in the pecking order of things so to speak. How hard is it to wash bottles ? I'd imagine when the distillery was set up people like coopers and whatever craftspeople were needed for distilling were brought in from outside the town until it was up and running and then local people were trained to do those jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Scawgeen

Always ridin?

Yes, Clara is well known as the Paris of Offaly... :eek:

Ah that 'ol thing on the hill, it's a kind of tribute to the virility of Clara menfolk, it's known locally as 'the mast' however the Eiffel Tower it ain't :)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Esto Fidelis

From Clonbullogue myself, you know the little Italy part.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Well a fellow Clonbullogue person. And here was me thinking I was the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Quazzie wrote: »
    Well a fellow Clonbullogue person. And here was me thinking I was the only one.

You are,everyone knows Clonbullogue doesn't exist :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I know it seems like an oasis TT but it's real. Believe in the myth and someday you too could experience the joys of Clonbullogue :D

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Esto Fidelis

Yea Quazzie (the Gooooner) is right, a litte bit of heaven in Offaly, with the Little Italy part also Melbullogue section for all the expats from Melbourne we are real cosmopotiton happening spot. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 22 zoostorm

Screggan

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭why so serious?

Durrow (just outside Tullamore)

Me too! The wonderful and exciting Durrow. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭jdooley28

tullamore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 galilejus

Hi to every one,
    We are planing to move to Edenderry and i really need to get an opinion about Edenderry like a living place.I dont have any friends around this area. Is it quite,noisy,bad people and ect. Please,i need some opinion,it is very important for us. Whats about apartments in Granary Court? Thank you very much

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

This thread has been inactive 4+ years, and also probably not best suited to your query. You're better off starting a new thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement