Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blackberry storm

• 02-03-2009 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

hi all
    im thinking of buying a bb storm on vodafone.
    first of all is there any good reviews out there????
    second,if i do buy this and am not happy with it will vodafone change to another phone willingly

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

There's lots of talk about the Storm .. have a quick search and see. Might help you out while you're waiting for other thoughts on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

The vodafone lads that work near me dont seem all that impressed by it if that helps any?

And vodafone are prety stingy on the old exchange policy as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭jod1983

thanks for that guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Baird

Bought one from boards and after i bought it and was waiting for it to be delivered i came across some absolutely terrible reviews but to be honest a week after i started to use it i have to say i really like the storm. I have an ipod touch so i know what the apple UI is like and it stands up pretty well in my opinion. No wifi is a pain but i would only use it at home so its not a big inconvience for me at all. The click UI takes a while to get used to but i actually like it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Baird wrote: »
    Bought one from boards and after i bought it and was waiting for it to be delivered i came across some absolutely terrible reviews but to be honest a week after i started to use it i have to say i really like the storm. I have an ipod touch so i know what the apple UI is like and it stands up pretty well in my opinion. No wifi is a pain but i would only use it at home so its not a big inconvience for me at all. The click UI takes a while to get used to but i actually like it now.

Baird, would you say that the poor reviews generally in the first few weeks post launch were off the mark on the UI and has it improved with the software upgrade? There also seemed to poor reviews on the accelerometer which seemed to be sluggish. I'm thinking hard about moving to a Storm, but just can't get past the bad reviews at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Baird

CivilEx wrote: »
    Baird, would you say that the poor reviews generally in the first few weeks post launch were off the mark on the UI and has it improved with the software upgrade? There also seemed to poor reviews on the accelerometer which seemed to be sluggish. I'm thinking hard about moving to a Storm, but just can't get past the bad reviews at the moment

Accelerometer is something i would definitely say is dodgy at best.
    Can be a pain to have to turn your phone completely vertical to get it back to
    portrait mode.
    In saying that i think the UI has improved with the 109 firmware and seems a
    lot more responsive. Hopefully this issue will be sorted with future firmware
    updates.
    Also the touch screen is definitely something that you should try before buying.
    It really is a marmite phone you will love it or absolutely hate it.
    Me im growing to really like it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Samsung M8800 Pixon seems like a really good phone with a 8 mega pixel state of the art camera with amazing editing capabilities.
    GPS -
    TOUCH Screen - like the iphone and accelerator.
    Looks good is stylish and light and compact and recently released.
    Has internet and music and everything a phone has etc....and it is cheap 99 euro, but the battery life is not meant to be good. So a perfect phone is worthless because of the battery life compared to the sony ericsson c905 which has an astounding 400 hours battery life and all of the above features but is expensive as hell 300 euro and looks crap.

one question might be; What is the battery life in the storm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

One of the lads I work with came out today and said he thinks his Storm is rubbish. This is second one, the first was a turkey and it took 90 minutes arguing in a Vodafone shop to get a replacement.

He said it is not any one thing, just the overall feel of the device. He has it about 6 weeks now.

So, not an overall good impression of the device.

Advertisement