Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Empire: Total War Pricing

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

a steam popup just...popped up saying

"xxx is now playing: Empire total war."

rub it in you bastard. :(

i think i'll be picking it up in game in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

We need a thread for the actual game now >_<

Anyway played it for a hour and a half and i am enjoying it so far. Only qualms would be some stupid infantry AI where they would face the wrong way even though the enemy was standing beside them to their left! But this seemed to be only down to the fact they were militia men because when i played with GB the Red Coats just kicked ass in so many ways.

Grand campaign is just..........HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE. Seriously though the scale is massive and it's really imposing. Went as Russia for a change (Always went as HRE in the other TW games) and i was so glad that CA have put realistic spin on the resources. Basically i am rich and covered in resources which beats the old system of more territory more money aspect. Problem with Russia though it seems is that we don;t have a port and have to capture one which leads to a further problem as the shipping lanes run through Istanbul and angry Ottamans who don't like me.

Iv completed every TW game bar Shogun and have captured 3/4 of all the regions in the GC, but i can't see myself doing this with this game. Also it's probably the only TW were i want to play as different nations as they seem to get different situations.

Now i must be off have to put together my 7 year plan together and get Mother Russia stirring :D

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

Branoic wrote: »
    I don't get the installation :confused::confused:

I put DVD 1 in, it autostarts, I select "Install", it asks me for the activation key, I type that it, it says Steam activation successfull, then it says "Steam is currently too busy to handle your request, please try later", I click "Ok", then the game appears on my Steam Games list with "Updating: 0%" and it's downloading at 200 - 300 KB/s.

Why is it downloading? Why doesn't it install from the discs?

I had the same problem - really dont like Steam!

It was stuck on 0% for ages to I went into File-Settings-Download and changed from "UK and Ireland" to "Belgium" and it two mins I was playing! :D

Only got a chance to play about an hour but really enjoying it so far - taught those Indians a lesson! :)

Advertisement