Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do mobile phones work?

• 02-03-2009 10:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

I was reading a nice article earlier which tries to explain in simple terms how mobile phones and networks work. It has encouraged me to try to learn more on this topic but does anyone know of any decent books/magazines/online articles which go into more depth on the topic but still keeps the language relatively simple?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Have a look at wikipedia and www.howstuffworks.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Oh. I hadn't seen howstuffworks before. Hmmm, I might not get much work done for the next while. :)

Cheers Random!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Oh. I hadn't seen howstuffworks before. Hmmm, I might not get much work done for the next while. :)

Cheers Random!
    Careful, it'll ruin your social life :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    I was reading a nice article earlier which tries to explain in simple terms how mobile phones and networks work.

Must say I enjoyed that article - nice one Mr. Bloat

Random wrote: »
    Careful, it'll ruin your social life :D

That's ok, I'm married with 2 kids, I haven't had a social life in a while now....:)

• Advertisement

long_b wrote: »
    Must say I enjoyed that article - nice one Mr. Bloat

NP, the kudos actually go to a poster (Karooze) on the O2 forum. He's probably here in a different guise, actually. :)

Advertisement