Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going light on top

• 02-03-2009 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Going light on top...:mad:

Any products or advice that I could use to cover up my growing bald patch....cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭trout

Along with three long time friends, I am going bald ... really noticeable for the 5 years or more.

2 of us are taking what we call the 'dignified' approach; we've bought razors. Never looked back, and never felt better about it.

The other two have tried various creams, potions, lotions and miracle hair growth products that they've seen advertised on telly.

Hand on heart - for all the money they've spent and for all the time they have lavished on their hair-loss ... they don't see any difference, but they do get a lot of slagging and negative attention from their peers.

If you are the right age, and this is 'normal' male pattern baldness ... I'm not aware of any reliable / safe solution.

Personally, I would steer clear of chemical solutions, and surgical solutions ... but that's just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I'd say just get your hair cut fairly short, it looks better if you're thinning on top. Other than that maybe try a hat. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I am thin on top actually I am bald on front I have a massive operational scar showing. The only solution was a wig. Creams dont work and implants??????? They only look good on women.

I am going bald since I was 17. I am now 35. I agree with the other lads it looks ok tight.

Fcuk what womens mags say I think women are a bit more into emotions and if they are not stuff them.

my women loves men with long hair alice cooper, bon jovi, axl rose. Imagine how I felt?.

Hope this helped!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

you know the thing about guys who shave their heads as well - when you start losing your hair, you really notice it and you really remember the difference between the way you were with hair and the way you are now. But for anyone who knows you, especially people you meet after you start shaving your head, that's just the way you are and pretty soon, it's the way you've always been. They pay as much attention to the fact that you are bald as you do to the fact that their hair is red or blonde or whatever. And of course, some people only go for blondes or redheads, but for every girl who hates a bald head, there's one who loves them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

There is nothing sadder than a man trying to hide his baldness.

Just shave your head and start lifting some weights. Bald strong men look excellent, e.g. Bruce Willis, Ross Kemp, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

I posted this yesterday but it seems to have disappeared. I imagine it was a technical error because I can't bring myself to believe that the boards.ie moderators, the vicious censors that they are, would delete the most helpful reply to this thread.

[...]although I've not used it I believe it works.

<some content snipped>

If you haven't used the product yourself, you're not offering experience, you're offering medical advice. That's not allowed in this forum. Open and shut really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭t-ha

Em, not sure what disssco said that got snipped so I'll tread lightly here, but go to your doctor and ask about DHT blockers.

t-ha wrote: »
    Em, not sure what disssco said that got snipped so I'll tread lightly here, but go to your doctor and ask about DHT blockers.

for clairification, disssco was on the wrong side of the line that divides these two statements:

"I used this product and..." and "I suggest you use this product".

If you've used a chemical treatment, then post how effective it was and any side-effects etc. What you can't do is say "I suggest you try this". Suggesting that someone discusses an option with their doc is ok.

Comments on this policy are welcome, but only via Pm or feedback or helpdesk threads.

I suggest you talk to your doctor about finasterdine. I know people who have had success with this product.

I don't like the way replies disappear. I think it would be at least common courtesy to inform the perpetrator that he has broken the rules and his post has been deleted/edited.

• Advertisement

tbh wrote: »

Comments on this policy are welcome, but only via Pm or feedback or helpdesk threads.

what part of that did you not understand?

for clairification, disssco was on the wrong side of the line that divides these two statements:

"I used this product and..." and "I suggest you use this product".

If you've used a chemical treatment, then post how effective it was and any side-effects etc. What you can't do is say "I suggest you try this". Suggesting that someone discusses an option with their doc is ok.

The policy here being that you cannot suggest somebody try a certain medication.
    what part of that did you not understand?

I was not commenting on the policy, but on the methods of moderation.

disssco wrote: »

I was not commenting on the policy, but on the methods of moderation.

equally off-topic. The conversation ends here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭trout

disssco wrote: »
    I think it would be at least common courtesy to inform the perpetrator that he has broken the rules and his post has been deleted/edited.

That's a fair point - I should have made it clear why I deleted original your post. Sorry.

I deleted your original post, as it was in breach of the forum charter and long standing boards.ie sitewide rules on giving medical advice.

Advertisement