Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Pizza in Ireland?

• 02-03-2009 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

As expensive as they are Im a big fan of Mizzonis myself but we got a leaflet in the door today for great offers with Four Star, are they any good?

Who sells the best pizza in Ireland and who gives the best value for money?

Big poll to follow ...

The Best Pizza in Ireland? 484 votes

Dominos
    0% 0 votes
    4 Star
    26% 126 votes
    Mizzonis
    5% 25 votes
    Apache
    10% 49 votes
    Independant Pizza Company in Drumcondra
    8% 43 votes
    That place next to Neachtains, Shop street
    6% 33 votes
    Godfathers Pizza
    5% 28 votes
    Luigi Malones
    5% 28 votes
    Ciao Bella Roma, Parliament Street, Dublin
    1% 8 votes
    Other (please specify)
    1% 7 votes
    Pats Pizza, Donegal
    28% 136 votes
    Uncle Petes Pizzeria, Cork
    0% 1 vote
    Pizza Hut
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I have never had great pizza in Ireland. The home delivery boys are all muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Monroe's in Galway is deeeeeeecent!

Honourable mention should go to Four Star.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Porterhouse, just had a calzone.

Ask for a breakfast pizza to cure a serious hangover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Apache

I emailed Head office the last week about a glaring mistake on their website and I cheekily asked for some vouchers.
    It confused me and the store person I was ordering off anyway so it was relevant.

Got a 10 euro voucher in the post tonight from Apache head office, fair play I say! 10 euro ain't much but a welcome suprise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Home made imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,031 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Just had Little Cesears this evening, was delicious. I also liked goodfellas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Has to be authentic Italian pizza. 4 star is definitely the worst of the Irish takeaway chains anyway!

That Ciao Bella Roma place on Parliament Street is lovely but then again, I've never tried it sober!

Edit: Wtf was I thinking?! Independent Pizza in Drumcondra gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

mikemac wrote: »
    Apache

I emailed Head office the last week about a glaring mistake on their website and I cheekily asked for some vouchers.
    It confused me and the store person I was ordering off anyway so it was relevant.

Got a 10 euro voucher in the post tonight from Apache head office, fair play I say! 10 euro ain't much but a welcome suprise :)

Apache rule!:D

Get the meal5 thingy if your having alot of people around! Oh and become a 'spy' and you get vouchers aswell!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭hargo

La pizzeria in Drogheda otherwise my own homemade:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Chew and Chat in Ranelagh used to do the nicest pizza! Pity it closed down :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Fast Al's on North Main Street in Cork. Sells by the slice and is the perfect post pub grub ever! Its damn close to authentic New York style pizza which is superior in every way to Italian pizza.

On a side note, I do miss the $5 14" pepperoni pizzas that you can get in Little Caesers in the US. Such good food the day after a heavy nights drinking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

Some place in Rathgar does lovely pizza. Can't remember the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

dominos ftw! mmmmm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭mookishboy

Pietro's in Ballymahon
    The best in Ireland

Yum yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Had a nice pizza in Ennis today, in a new pizzeria. The best in Ennis but definitely not the best in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

dominos ftw! mmmmm...
    wow , i haven't had pizza in nearly a year-damn you diet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭paddyb125

What about Milano's OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Hmmm once Hell (NZ pizza chain) open up in Dublin that'll be the best one IMO - lovely pizza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Poll added.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Its definatly Dominoes for me! I do like apache too, and end up eating more of it cos im not near any dominoes! 4 star isnt bad

The only place that stands out for really really bad pizza in my experience is the aptly titled "La Pizza" on O'connell street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Milanos is great - especially the Garlic Bread.

Also quite a fan of Dominos

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

fabios in coolock, dublin do very nice pizzas

paddyb125 wrote: »
    What about Milano's OP?

It was hard to remember them all, but noted! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

Guy on "Dragon's Den" the other night. Makes Pizzas in a shed behind the house. Yum

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

Rossi's in Charleville \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

pizza d'or in monaghan :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Crash wrote: »
    Hmmm once Hell (NZ pizza chain) open up in Dublin that'll be the best one IMO - lovely pizza.

Is Hell opening here? I've seen a real estate sign on some place near Whelans that says, "Acquired. Going to...... HELL". Imade a trip to the one in Fulham in London last time i was over there. Lovely Pizza.

As for Dominoes, jesus that is disgusting pizza. Can't believe people actually think it's nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

Bryn wrote: »
    Chew and Chat in Ranelagh used to do the nicest pizza! Pity it closed down :(

+1
    i knew the owner, lovely family!

the best pizza ive had is apache in bray, taco pizza :D
    shame most chains dont serve it though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

there is no possible way of answering this question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭i_love_toast

now everyone here can dis mizonis but its the best value and if your getting it in a group they have the biggest pizzas by far in ireland.

they have loads of vouchers in the independant directory and also take everyone othe rpizza company vouchers so we always bang out the"buy one get one free" for a wagan wheel which is 21inches!!!so two 21inch pizzas for round 23e is great value!!also theyve starting doing an even bigger pizza called the mega wheel which is supposed to be around 24/25 inches!!GINORMOUS!

now everyone here can dis mizonis but its the best value and if your getting it in a group they have the biggest pizzas by far in ireland.

Im not dissing them, far from it, they were my poll choice. Great pizza, but they are pricey and Ive used up all my vouchers ;)

also theyve starting doing an even bigger pizza called the mega wheel which is supposed to be around 24/25 inches!!GINORMOUS!

:eek:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Apache and Dominos are my favourite.
    they have loads of vouchers in the independant directory and also take everyone othe rpizza company vouchers so we always bang out the"buy one get one free" for a wagan wheel which is 21inches!!!so two 21inch pizzas for round 23e is great value!!also theyve starting doing an even bigger pizza called the mega wheel which is supposed to be around 24/25 inches!!GINORMOUS!
    Not much point having a 25" pizza when it tastes like crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

DiFontaines. :pac:

Also honourable mention for the place around the corner from harcourt Street, Camden Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

DiFontaines. :pac:

Also honourable mention for the place around the corner from harcourt Street, Camden Street.

Damn it I voted Domino's!!! How could I forget Difontaine's!!!

Amazing!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

The bad ass cafe !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

little caesers just for the sauce that comes with the crazy bread...

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

The Gotham Cafe does a yummy hoi-sin duck pizza, which is amazing. Instead of tomato, it has hoi-sin sauce, then there's the cheese, then slices of duck, cashew nuts and spring onions. droooooooool!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Milanos in Galway...

saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

rebel pizza ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Tawfee

Pinheads on Leonard Corner was good when I lived in the area. So was Apache further up the SCR - nice onions...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

I don't understand how us Irish can like such bland pizza that you get in the franchises, franchises have quite bland pizza compared to your local independent store. There's a great place called Pregos in Ballyowen Shopping Centre, Lucan. They've won prizes in the world pizza championship (yes it does exist!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Pizza 2000 main st Blessington is excellent, genuine Italian thin based pizza at its best.

Also a place in Sligo, think its called The Bistro, very tasty indeed.

BTW Di Fontaines is muck, sometimes those pizzas are sitting there for hours, uuughgggghhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I'm sure it's probably not the nicest in the country, but the best pizza I had in Ireland was in 'La Fontana' in Waterford. Closely followed by my own homemade pizzas.

Most pizzas in Ireland, including all the delivery stuff, is just a pizza-like mixture of factory like dough with way too many not pizza-like toppings. Pizza barbecue chicken or pizza 'suffocated with everyhting'? Excuse me. Also what is it with people in Ireland and in the UK and the so called 'peperoni'? That's the most rubbishy excuse for a salami I ever came cross. Yuck.

Nothing like a real Italian pizza...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭beardo81

home cook pizzas are normally sh*te, but did anyone try the new Friday Fever range from goodfellas?
    Not pizzeria quality but damn close and damn tasty :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

The best pizza ever is a little place on Harcourt Road, Dublin called 'Ray's'.

They do the most INCREDIBLE pizza slices. Thin and chewy base with gorgeous cheese and toppings...

One slice is like half a normal pizza. It's huge. You can also get the massive pizza there. But they also do smaller one's too.

Seriously - it's so gorgeous. A must try if in the area.

Mmmmmm - Ray's.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭mike o

legends speak of a place called cupan tae;even more out in the middle of nowhere than galway city,in carraroe,there you will find the meat beast,it is perhaps the nicest pizza i have ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mantaraver

pizza d'or in monaghan
    Seconded. Thick, handmade bases. Dammit now im hungry:mad::D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Fast Al's in Cork, or Milano's. NOM NOM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Is the 'Steps of Rome' in Suffolk Street, Dublin still in business?

They did awesome pizza slices. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭IsMiseConor

Independant Pizza in Drumcondra.
    Bacan, Pepperoni, Mushrooms and Ham with Double Cheese.

It's almost...orgasmic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement