Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Pizza in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Independant Pizza in Drumcondra.
    Bacan, Pepperoni, Mushrooms and Ham with Double Cheese.

It's almost...orgasmic.

Been there twice in five years and it was disgusting pizza both times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

JaneyMc wrote: »
    Damn it I voted Domino's!!! How could I forget Difontaine's!!!

Amazing!!!
    For shame. And you were in Dorans the other night! Weren;t ya? :P
    The bad ass cafe !
    They do rockin pizza.
    Toots85 wrote: »
    The Gotham Cafe does a yummy hoi-sin duck pizza, which is amazing. Instead of tomato, it has hoi-sin sauce, then there's the cheese, then slices of duck, cashew nuts and spring onions. droooooooool!!!!
    As do they.
    Trí wrote: »
    The best pizza ever is a little place on Harcourt Road, Dublin called 'Ray's'.

They do the most INCREDIBLE pizza slices. Thin and chewy base with gorgeous cheese and toppings...

One slice is like half a normal pizza. It's huge. You can also get the massive pizza there. But they also do smaller one's too.

Seriously - it's so gorgeous. A must try if in the area.

Mmmmmm - Ray's.:D

That's the one. It's no DiFontaines, but it's solid.

Millers on Baggot Street do a crackin pizza as well. Great little restaurant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

The best thing about living on the north side of Dublin was Pizza Max...

Ray's by Harcourt st is in second place. Feta cheese ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Had a nice one in Mario's in Malahide yesterday actually, surprisingly cheap too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Feyy

I always order from the Godfathers in Limerick.

They make the absolute best pizza's ive ever eaten in my life and that goes along way :D.

Seriously disappointed they only have 6 votes so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

As already mentioned la pizzaria in Drogheda is the best. I've eaten pizza in Italy, America all over Ireland and this just beats everything hands down! Also won the world pizza championship a few years ago I think!! Waitress is a ride aswell. Definately worth the trip up from Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

DiFontaine's ftw :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

rebel pizza ftw.

+ 1 this. Voted other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

For the purposes of research I will go around all the pizza places and test them.

I'm doing this for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

another +1 for pizza d'or in monaghan. Best pizza around!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

tom skinnys in clonmel is gorge the best ive ever had

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Just the mere fact that there are franchises listed here brings a tear to my eye.

Having grown up on the southside of Chicago, please let me say that you are all being cheated when it comes to pizza in this country. This isn't a put down of anything Irish (other than the pizza), just a statement.

I would be interested to try some of the family owned pizza places listed here though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Neverwhere

Just the mere fact that there are franchises listed here brings a tear to my eye.

Having grown up on the southside of Chicago, please let me say that you are all being cheated when it comes to pizza in this country. This isn't a put down of anything Irish (other than the pizza), just a statement.

I would be interested to try some of the family owned pizza places listed here though.

I agree...half american here....lived in chicago for a few months....mainly new jersey/new york.....

pizza in ireland donest compare to what they have there.

with that said...there is one pizza place that comes close...its pretty damn amazing.

pizzas n cream in bray. best place for it imo. and unfortunately i live right next to it......its tempting to be fat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

La Dolce Vita in Wexford city. Believe the hype.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

Ever try the papa john pizza places??

Deadly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭GunScope

Bistro Bianconi in Galway do gorgeous pizza

The "La Forza" ftw!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Haven't had pizza in most of the options (maybe you meant Best Pizza in The Pale?) so chose Pizza Hut. They're quite yummy but Milanos is better. Or Trattoria. Or Papa Johns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Hell Pizza.

Best selection and great sides.

Should be Ireland now, if not they'll be there soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

been mentioned already, alright. man, dominos will never taste the same after hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

I love Bits n Pizzas in Dun Laoghire!!! Absolutley Beauty ive been going there for years!!!

Out of the delivery places Mizzonis is head and shoulders above the rest!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Tip Top in Dundrum.

****ing lovely every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Independent ftw. The Smokey Joe is the stuff of the gods.

Goodfellas Meateor Friday Night Fever - best home cooked pizza imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Four Star tastes ****e, its like cardbord covered in heinz and easy singles...

Dominoes or that place beside dorans, name eludes me atm...

Its all about the chilli flakes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Ironbars

I was delighted to see Ciao bella roma on the list..... Nothing better than a diavola and then a couple of cold pints over the road in the porterhouse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,951 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Superquinn can make you one in their deli that you take home and bake yourself. Haven't read through the whole thread yet so I don't know if anyone mentioned it already.

Domino's prices are a joke! Their 'Free Delivery' is a scam cos the price of their pizzas jumps once you tell them that your order is for delivery and not collection!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Zangetsu wrote: »
    Four Star tastes ****e, its like cardbord covered in heinz and easy singles...

Dominoes or that place beside dorans, name eludes me atm...

Its all about the chilli flakes!

Difontaines, it's nice but last time i had it half the pizza was still freezing cold even after being cooked, yuck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Ah thats the one, tasty tasty pizza, when cooked properly ofc :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

THe Pizza Slice in Monkstown. They also have the worlds best garlic & Cheese fries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭toodelies

Hell Pizza opening on Camden Street in April... WOHOO! can't eat wheat and they do the most amazing gluten Free pizzas. i will be the first one in the door!

next to that: Pregos in Lucan. heaven...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭counterpointaud

+1 La Fontana in Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

You should all travel to Bella Atina in Drogheda. Have a separate area attached to the restaurant for take outs. Best Pizza I've ever had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

1. La Jolie Brise in west Cork
    2. Ed's New York Pizza in Galway
    3. Milano's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Milano/Pizza express

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭acontadino

is it just me or does anyone not like the pizza in rome? i mean the best pizza i ever had was from a turkish place in boulogne. wasnt really too fussed about pizzas in america, not anything special.

in ireland, well i love my mums made pizza, but fast food, ah sure apache pizza. there is way better but just normally this is what i go for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

I like donimos but it wouldnt compare to having a pizza abroad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Dunno if it's already been said but Bistro Bianconi in Ranelagh. Didn't they win an All-Ireland Pizza competition or something a short while back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 holden c

the kantucky (mallow co cork nuff said)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Independent Pizza is the best by far....nearly 20 years and still going! Must be doing something right. And I think they own Gotham as that was called Independent many many years ago

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Independent Pizza is the best by far....nearly 20 years and still going! Must be doing something right. And I think they own Gotham as that was called Independent many many years ago
    Gotham Café definitely use the same recipe as Independant Pizza. And yes, it's easily the best pizza I've ever eaten, in Ireland or any other country.

EDIT: Just saw that Dominos is way ahead in the poll; bunch of f*cking philistines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

all those 4star, dominos places make awful pizza.

they don't even use proper pizza ovens, they just stick it on a convyer belt and let it go through an oven for 10 minutes.

best pizza around are as followed:

pizzas and creams in bray
    da pino on parliment street dublin
    steps of rome (can't think of the street name, just off grafton street) dublin
    difontaine in dublin
    mizzonis is the best of the bad bunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Dunnes Stores deli pizzas are nice:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

havent read thru the thread so dont know if it was mentioned, Papa john's is my fave take away pizza. Love the place, pity there's not more of them around.

Independant pizza in drumcondra is fantastic too, used to live right beside it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

:eek: @ the amount of votes for Dominos.

Crazy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Yeah, dominos is MUCK!!!

Best pizza ive had in ireland would be in pizza time in the home town of tralee. Nothing else around the place has surpassed it for me anyway. Another nice enough pizzaria is Ginos in cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭yellowcurl

Apache

*Nyom*

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

Bistro Bianconi in Ranelagh. Seriously, best pizza in all of Christendom, I shit you not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

dominos, but when im broke 4 star

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Nicest I've had in least few years was in porterhouse in phibsboro. They're the *really* thin based ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

There's a new place in Monkstown right by the Purty Kitchen. The name is Di Mimi's I think. It was reviewed in the Independent over the weekend. My parents have gotten takeaway from there twice now and I tasted a little bit yesterday. It was *delicious*. Seriously, 1,000 times better than Dominos etc. The prices were really cheap too. It was about 10 euros for pizza and they had lasagne on the menu too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement