Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Pizza in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

The best Pizza is Pizzas & Cream in Bray. Just fab and lovely deserts too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

da vincis in leixlip, ive heard of people coming off the m4 just to get it.delish!

The ones I make my self :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

mizzonis wagon wheel meal ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I've sampled quite a few different pizza places in my time.

Mizzoni's, PHQ, Pizza Hut, Papa John's, Prego's, Domino's, Rebel, Macari's and Godfather's. I may have left some out. Also two local places, daVinci's in Leixlip and daMario's in Celbridge (which both taste the exact same).

Leaving out random restaurants and foreign places, my top picks would be Mizzoni's (for value and the 26" Mega Wagon Wheel, which is quite epic), Domino's (Really really heavy and unhealthy but damn all that sodium is tasty) and Godfather's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Dante

Chicago Town pizzas from dunnes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Lilyblue

Home made is always best - we buy the base from Superquinn and all the toppings there aswell and prepare it at home oh yum!!

Other than that its got to be Dominos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Dr. Oetker Pepporoni. They Were on offer for just over a euro a week ago. Refuse to pay 15euro for pizza.

Bits and Pizza in Dun Laoghaire
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭-ilikeshorts

has to be the brick oven in bantry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

toodelies wrote: »
    Hell Pizza opening on Camden Street in April... WOHOO! can't eat wheat and they do the most amazing gluten Free pizzas. i will be the first one in the door!

next to that: Pregos in Lucan. heaven...:D
    There's really a place in Lucan called Pregos?
    Is it near pill hill?

df1985 wrote: »
    da vincis in leixlip, ive heard of people coming off the m4 just to get it.delish!
    The do a great pizza, but the also have their off nights.
    I've often been delivered ones with severly burnt crusts. Busy night, fair enough. You're better off collecting it really.
    I'd thank your post, but you used the word "delish" and I don't like that word.

Out of the conveyor belt ones, I'd pick domino's. Decent toppings. Although they forgot the chilis on the one I got the other night.

Mizzoni's can suck my balls. The last time I got one, they didn't mix the toppings. I ordered Chicken, Mushrooms, Bacon and green peppers. Each quarter had just one topping on it.

Terry wrote: »
    I'd thank your post, but you used the word "delish" and I don't like that word.

:pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

People voting for dominos are fools, its ridiculously greasy :P

Voted other. Papa John's is unreal tasty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Exneigh

yep! Papa Johns All the meats is the greatest Pizza I ever put in my mouth!

Oh that Pizza place De Fontaines beside Dermot Dorans is fab after a few pints too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭dazzerb

Pizza's N Cream on the Albert Walk in Bray (right beside the Dart station).

Went to it as a kid, teenager and now I bring my own kids there. It has been in business 20+ years and still as good as the day it opened.

dazzerb wrote: »
    Pizza's N Cream on the Albert Walk in Bray (right beside the Dart station).

Went to it as a kid, teenager and now I bring my own kids there. It has been in business 20+ years and still as good as the day it opened.

know it well, comes in second to my above choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

if your going for the local delivered dross? i'll throw another vote in for papa john's. it is quite tasty and doesn't leave a big greasy smiley face in the bottom of the box when you're finished

the OP asks for the "best" though

where else is the pizza so good that you don't mind that. where else is the pizza so good that if all 5 chairs in the place are occupied, you've no hesitation in standing upright to watch the few measly crumbs you'll spare fall onto a glass case full of dodgy republic of loose merchandise?
    where else is the pizza so good. . . ah you get the picture

DiFontaines ftw. . .by a Dublin mile!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Alan_007_

Pizza Dante in Mallow is the best in the world.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I live near a pizza free zone, nowhere near me does good pizza, the only place that does take aways is Pizza Mia, Dunshaughlin and its muck, half the time they pizza is soggy dough and uneatable so Super Valu's Chicago Town pizza's are abut the best I can get, however when staying with friends in Dublin we sometimes get Dominos which I really love. If only there was a Domino's out near where i live. I used to like Pizza Hut but recently they have been muck as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

I don't think i've seen these guys mentioned and i'm a little shocked!

Bistro Bianconi in Ranelagh do the best pizza in Dublin, these guys treat it like an art form! Not only do they do great starters and sides as well... little limited on the distance they'll go to deliver though. Best Pi after Bistro's is definitely Ray's off of Harcourt Street... OM NOM NOM NOM NOM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sligoselfbuild

what about Antica Veniza in Ranelagh - always very good pizza and nice atmosphere too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

wasnt bothered reading through thread so this has probably been mentioned already..but Scoozis in Cork City...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ginos is also good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Harpie

Thread makey me hungry! :p

TBH I've never had a bad experience of a pizza in a restaurant. I usually just go for the Margheritas so all I want is nice thin base, fresh tomato and oregano sauce and plenty of melty mozzarella with a bit of black pepper NYOM!

What astounds me is how manky some take away pizzas are. Our local is run by an Italian family, yet the sauce tastes almost soapy, often there is a stale tang off the cheese too- it's not that hard ffs!

Also most rotten pizza EVER is the massive goodfellas ones, base is disgusting, sauce is sugary. EW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Uncle Pete's Pizza in Cork on Popes Quay next to Bierhaus!

Pop in for some Michael Collins whiskey or some strange german beer - tasty tasty and then into Uncle Petes for a slice. They have a gourmet menu aswell, haven't tried anything from it but it looks nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,717 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Katy's pizza joint in Ratoath, Co Meath! Amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Cant believe the Dominos love, its filthy!, Bistro Bianconi and Pizza Hut do the job for me nicely :)

CC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

DaRoberto's in Salthill, Galway. Is Amazing.

Honorable mention to monroe's in Dominick St

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Patricide wrote: »
    Yeah, dominos is MUCK!!!

Best pizza ive had in ireland would be in pizza time in the home town of tralee. Nothing else around the place has surpassed it for me anyway. Another nice enough pizzaria is Ginos in cork.

Such a pity Pizza Time closed down this month. Truly was the best pizza in Ireland for me.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Another +1 to pizza being bad over here. Pizza in Italy.....awesome!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Marios in Terenure (I think theres other of that chain around aswell) is nice, Went there with the family quit a bit and liked it :)

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

JCDUB wrote: »
    Pizza 2000 main st Blessington is excellent, genuine Italian thin based pizza at its best.

Also a place in Sligo, think its called The Bistro, very tasty indeed.

BTW Di Fontaines is muck, sometimes those pizzas are sitting there for hours, uuughgggghhhhh

bistro bianconi on o'connell street, absolutly beautiful, drooling at the thought of it, also in dublin and galway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

The best pizza I've had in Ireland is, by a long stretch, the Dunnes Stores 'Simply Better' pizza (specifically the chicken, pesto and mozzarella topping). It's absolutely divine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

independent pizza in drumcondra is AMAZING, cant believe it isnt winning.
    burger max on camden st has the most deadly pizza when you're drunk too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Pizzas n Cream Bray but have not ordered from them in a while so I went for 4 Star!

Last time I had a Mizzonis I got sick!:eek:
    Never again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

wood fired pizza in Rathmines, Dublin = nyom to the mmmth degree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

D-Generate wrote: »
    Fast Al's on North Main Street in Cork. Sells by the slice and is the perfect post pub grub ever! Its damn close to authentic New York style pizza which is superior in every way to Italian pizza.

Excellent call , fast als is the kiddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

Oscars Restaurant in Mullingar - bramley apple and black pudding on a thin crusty base. highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Domino's every time!

Partial to Milano's pizzas as well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Had dominos last night and its nicer than papa johns. PJ's use way too much sauce and not enough toppings!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Oscars Restaurant in Mullingar - bramley apple and black pudding on a thin crusty base. highly recommended.

Apple and black pudding pizza?! That's just wrong :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Papa Johns by a mile.

Worst has to be Four Star - tastes like cardboard covered in Kandee ketchup and cheese singles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

PIZZA MAX do the nicest home deliveries imo, only have a few outlets, the one i've had is cabra

MILLSTONE restaurant on dame street do a serious pizza with chorizo sausage on it

Munroe's in Galway has the best pizza I have ever eaten anywhere never mind Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Now that we have Apache here I must try the Tacozony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Dominos is nice and i also love the Original Irish pizza from Mizzoni's!

Four Star? :eek: It's disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭S.L.F

I can't believe people think Dominos do a good pizza.

Best I've had consistantly is Bits and Pizzas in Dun Laoghaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BattyInNZ

tom skinnys in clonmel is gorge the best ive ever had

Me too - is it still there? It's not just about the pizza tho' - there's a great atmosphere there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

You poor misguided souls.

When it comes to pizza, Ireland is a third world country.

Being the 'best pizza in ireland' is sort of like being told you are 'the tallest child in senior infants' but then you realise it's because you're 17 years old.

It's just not what you do best. Enjoy your Grand Slam victory and Dunne's World Championship reign and move along. Nothing to see here :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Dominos pizza staff have reportedly been sacked after filming themselves apparently putting snot on customers' food.

A YouTube video allegedly showing a Dominos employee in the US

YouTube videos of two employees calling themselves Kirsty and Michael appeared online on Tuesday.

"He just farted on that salami that goes on the sandwich," Kirsty can be heard saying as she films her colleague.

"In about five minutes they will go out on delivery and people will be eating these and little do they know the cheese was in his nose."

Within hours, web users had managed to locate the US drive-through and contacted the firm's head office.

The employees will be sacked, according to emails attributed to Domino's vice president, Tim McIntyre.

They included an alleged denial from Kirsty, who said it was "all a prank" and none of the food was served to customers.
    :rolleyes:
    However, Mr McIntyre said Dominos would not take this at face value and the franchise-owner would fire them.

"The 'challenge' that comes with the freedom of the internet is that any idiot with a camera and an internet link can do stuff like this - and ruin the reputation of a brand that's nearly 50 years old," he wrote.

http://livenews.com.au/livewire/dominos-sacks-workers-over-horror-video/2009/4/15/202939

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

There is a new place in Sligo called Roberto's. The pizza in there is great and very reasonably priced.

I got a 12" the other night with ham and sweetcorn on it and it cost me €6. I consider that a bargain and it was scrumptious.

Advertisement