Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Pizza in Ireland?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Mizzonis or Ciao Bella Roma on Parliment St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Neverwhere

as a woman i find this sad to say...but i think that video might be proof/evidence for the "women arent funny and men rule the world" thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

The best pizza is those cooked in a proper wood fired stone oven. Anyone know anywhere like that? Havent seen any such palces in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Pizza Stop, the place in the alley beside McDaids/Bruxelles is the best sitdown pizza in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

Apache all the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

I've yet to find any better than Malocca's in Enniscorthy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Bistro Bianconi just back from the PizzaWorldCup and no mention in this poll?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

I really want to like Pizza Max, it's local and really good value, but I just find it really bland.

Mama's Pizzeria and Papa's Pizzeria both on Talbot Street. Slice and can of drink for €4

Defontanes can be excellent, but I have had too many no so good slices from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Is New York Pizza in Ireland yet?

I love this ad. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpWxuqO5sYQ

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭GSpoon

best pizza i have eaten in Ireland... nothing really compares once you have been to New York but...
    • Pizza Hut is a good reliable if u want cheap n cheerfull when ur out!
    • That place beside Eamon Dorans does a pretty good slice
    • Dominos is absolutely vile
    • Fallon & Byrne on Exchequer St sell delish thin pizza bases (about 3 for €7).. then u can make your own pizza, much cheaper than forking out €20 for a disappointing take away pizza.
    • Milanos is ok
    • Havent tasted them but i have heard lots of great reviews about the pizza at Millstone restaurant on Dame St

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The best pizza is homemade pizza made by yourself with fresh ingredients , scrumptious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

I don't understand how us Irish can like such bland pizza that you get in the franchises, franchises have quite bland pizza compared to your local independent store. There's a great place called Pregos in Ballyowen Shopping Centre, Lucan. They've won prizes in the world pizza championship (yes it does exist!).

This is my favorite place to get Pizza from - their pizza's are way better value than Dominos & a large margarita pizza from them costs less than a dominos medium. Plus their chips & garlic bread are awesome! :D

QTF sir! QFT!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

A pizza is only as good as the ingredients it's made from, Bistro Bianconi is the best in Ireland by an absolute street for freshness and quality. A previously mentioned they've been to the pizza world cup FFS !

However...if it's the pizza equivalent of Burger King or SubWay you're afterthen go to Dominoes / GodFathers or some other grease-merchants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

A place called Mamas in Nenagh Co.Tipp or a place in Athlone cant remember the name!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Is Mizzonis really as good as people say?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Bryn wrote: »
    Is Mizzonis really as good as people say?!

Toppings are lovely and fresh. The base is debate-able - Some love it, others don't.

I wouldnt say Mizzonis are the best in ireland but they arent bad compared to others listed. Personally Pizzas made fresh in real italian resturants are delicious. There are two excellent italian resturants near me and both do fabulous pizzas............hungry now thinking about them now!!

Think I will have to check out Mizzonis over the weekend :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Best Pizza ever is Chicago Town frozen pizza! Don't be fooled by the "frozen pizza" part, its actually made with fresh uncooked dough and it rises in the oven. Amazing. And Tesco don't seem to sell it, only available in Dunnes. Check it out

• Advertisement

animaX wrote: »
    Best Pizza ever is Chicago Town frozen pizza! Don't be fooled by the "frozen pizza" part, its actually made with fresh uncooked dough and it rises in the oven. Amazing. And Tesco don't seem to sell it, only available in Dunnes. Check it out

I'm actually about to have a Chicage Town pizza right now :D

Oh and I have got it in one or 2 Tesco's before....

The best pizza is those cooked in a proper wood fired stone oven. Anyone know anywhere like that? Havent seen any such palces in Ireland.

yup...

pizzas 'n' cream. its next to the dart station in bray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Bryn wrote: »
    I'm actually about to have a Chicage Town pizza right now :D

Oh and I have got it in one or 2 Tesco's before....

Good timing! I have got in tesco before too but lately Tesco seem to be getting pretty cosy with Goodfellas. They might as well have a Goodfellas aisle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

The thin base in Dominos with Texas BBQ topping - yumy but too expensive as with all delivery chains. "Free Delivery" but strangely a special discount for anything collected. So basically delivery is not free but a hidden charge.

Cheese Steak pizza in Porterhouse.

Sweet Chilli pizza in Fat Freddys Galway.

Yum Yum Yum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

chicago town pizza considering you get it in the supermarket really is impressive.stuff crust too.yummy! and save a fortune than buying from the chains.

p.s. superquinn sell them too including the garlic cheese bread side and desserts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I like delivery pizza chains.. but always feel dirty after eating them. It's much more civilised and less piggish if you go to a restaurant.

Independent Pizza Drumcondra has lovely pizza with great choice of toppings. One of theirs is a duck and hoi sin sauce one. Beautiful.

Cafe Bar Deli is great too for sophisticated pizza (if there's such a thing) - the goat's cheese one is delicious.

My favourite is Pizzas n Cream in Bray. They make this dip sauce from tomato puree and mayo. It's so amazing, the pizzas are really crisp and rustic style. They make sweet and savoury crepes there too. I love it. I think it's closing down soon though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sophie09

Whats the deal with people eating pizza with a knife and fork????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

bistro bianconi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

rebel pizza ftw.

Another vote for Rebel Pizza here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭loopyloulilly

papa johns galway yummy!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

ciao bella roma in parliament street for a real italian pizza...and I'm from Naples, so I know what I'm talking about...

Ah the Chicago Takeaway Frozen Pizza with the tomato puree in the dough is lovely. The margereita one is lovely when you put your own toppings on it!!

+1 vote for Chicago Takeaway Frozen Pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Trí wrote: »
    The best pizza ever is a little place on Harcourt Road, Dublin called 'Ray's'.

They do the most INCREDIBLE pizza slices. Thin and chewy base with gorgeous cheese and toppings...

One slice is like half a normal pizza. It's huge. You can also get the massive pizza there. But they also do smaller one's too.

Seriously - it's so gorgeous. A must try if in the area.

Mmmmmm - Ray's.:D

THIS.
    So mazing after a nigh out/before taxi. Slices are MASSIVE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Extreme Pizza in Kilkenny. nom nom nom

They appear to be the only non-US branch of a large American chain (??).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Numero Uno Pizzeria. Barrack Street Ennis Co Clare.

• Advertisement

Lil Kitten wrote: »

My favourite is Pizzas n Cream in Bray. They make this dip sauce from tomato puree and mayo. It's so amazing, the pizzas are really crisp and rustic style. They make sweet and savoury crepes there too. I love it. I think it's closing down soon though :(

oh no!!! no no no!!!! i live right next to pizzas n cream and i dont think my life would be complete without it.
    where did you hear such nonsense?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Lil Kitten wrote: »

the one in bray is lovely, but pity about the one in eden gate, you can't even compare the two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

As expensive as they are Im a big fan of Mizzonis myself but we got a leaflet in the door today for great offers with Four Star, are they any good?

Who sells the best pizza in Ireland and who gives the best value for money?

Big poll to follow ...

Pizzas? A toasted cheese sandwich!! , is as good as any of them.
    Get yourself a toasted sandwich maker.Add your own fillings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Neverwhere wrote: »
    oh no!!! no no no!!!! i live right next to pizzas n cream and i dont think my life would be complete without it.
    where did you hear such nonsense?

Friend told me, she used to work there. I hope it stays open. Is the other one any good? Is it in Greystones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Dominos yummmm
    Apache after that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Rebels in maynooth! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Alroos

I agree with the Chicago frozen pizza's, absolutely delicious. Their V.I.P pizza though hard to come by are especially good. Even better than any takeaway pizza I have had, and a fraction of the cost.

BUMP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

The best in Dublin is Steps of Rome on Chatham Street, followed by Ciao Bella Roma.

But the best pizza I've had anywhere in the country is in a tiny place in Galway called Pizza Pasta Napoli on Cross Street.

It doesn't look like much from the outside and only has a few seats inside, but the pizza is beautiful. Lovely and soft and thin crust, perfectly seasoned and with the right amount of toppings: it's the closest I've had to authentic Italian pizza in Ireland.
    It can take some people a little time to get used to it: they can seem a bit plain as they're not as loaded with different toppings as most other pizzas are, and the flavours are a bit more subtle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

years ago there a pizza place in finglas called godfathers. It didnt last very long because of where they setup, not enough business but jesus, they were good pizza's

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Adiboo wrote: »
    Such a pity Pizza Time closed down this month. Truly was the best pizza in Ireland for me.

:mad:

What!! Didnt hear it closed down,Pizza Time had lovely pizzas,nicest ive ever tasted anyway,all that left now Dominos,Four Star and Apache,New Yorkers do pizzas as well but none of these would come close to Pizza Time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

What!! Didnt hear it closed down,Pizza Time had lovely pizzas,nicest ive ever tasted anyway,all that left now Dominos,Four Star and Apache,New Yorkers do pizzas as well but none of these would come close to Pizza Time

My post was back in 2009. It has since reopened under new management. Same great pizzas though.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tyrion1234

Coney Island in waterford city

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Adiboo wrote: »
    My post was back in 2009. It has since reopened under new management. Same great pizzas though.

Didnt check the date of your post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ciarang85

Da Mimmo on North Strand Road, Dublin & Piazza 2000 Blessington, Wicklow :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement