Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First C&C In Agessssss

• 02-03-2009 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

From The Plaza In Waterford
    3323877526_4c765928a7_o.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

2 things, one it doesn't look straight and 2 the top half of the object is lost in the sky background.
    Only thing I'd find interesting is the metal type grating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

nice photo... seems to need a little straighten though. could be my eyes though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

the base is curved if that helps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Tawfee

foreground is good, leads your eye into the shot, but the rest doesn't really sustain the interest. the overcast weather doesn't help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

I like the image. The perspective is good. The dark brooding tones are most appealing. Sky is intresting too. The eye leads well from the front to the subject. But thats where the image looses some of its appeal. The statue seems a bit under whelming, a little bland. You get the feeling an off camera flash stratigically aimed at some particular point on it would add interest and give the image a whole new dimension. As mentioned before, you could have straightened the image in pp. Overall nice image though.

Dave OS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

I like the composition, I might have moved a bit further forward to get rid of the line in the bottom right corner and center the base left-to right in the picture.

You could do what I had to do this evening too (clean your sensor to get rid of the dark specks ;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭kgiller

Nice picture. I like the composition and the subject matter. Unlike others i like the sky, i just thing it needs to be made a bit darker and moodier and then make the skulpture stand out a bit more. A smal straighten would help too.

Hope you dont mind, but i messed around with it quickly in lightroom to see for myself what it might look like. Its only a wuick mess around to increase the contrast and detail in the sky and brighten and sharpen the skulpture, also a bit of straightening.

attachment.php?attachmentid=74012&d=1236038368

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Looks really nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Really like it actually.

Like the idea and colors and while the composition seems to have a couple of flaws like the ones the guys above me already mentioned, its still a really cool pic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Yeah I really like it. Textures are almost like a painting. It's like some Sci-Fi concept art I've seen. I'd be tempted to straighten the horizon but then again I think the angle might add something. Kgiller's version is great too but obviously going into the realm of photo-manipulation rather than photography.

Cranes on the horizon definitely need to go though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Update:

Thanks For All The Comments Lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

I also like it a lot and really like what kgiller has done with it. Nice shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

I quite like the image too. It has a nice fine art quality to it.

I know everyone says "I hope you don't mind"...but I hope you don't mind....:D

img_test.jpg

I couldn't resist, I think the base textures are all there, but loved the idea of laying a few more on top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 silverbullitt

eas wrote: »

img_test.jpg

I couldn't resist, I think the base textures are all there, but loved the idea of laying a few more on top.

im loving this , its like something from lord of the rings or something geiger would come up with .. deffo a keeper ..
    cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Was this done in lightroom of PS?
    If lightroom was that a set preset you made and fancy sharing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

img_test.jpg

reminds me of an artist called Shaun Tan ( http://www.linesandcolors.com/images/2007-08/tan_402.jpg ) .. very cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

good pic. I thought it was a massive tower when i saw it first so you seem to have given it a sense of scale that impresses. which in its self makes it striking.

Advertisement