Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice help, please

Options
  • 02-03-2009 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

hey guys, i got a tattoo as a cover up but from the orginal i seen and way it turned out really different, any way not happy with it and i need advice or opinions please, the blue is so bitty wud i be better off all shaded blue or blue with white ill try to post pics and hope sum one has a few ideas or advice, the second pics has the blue white i talked of,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

You wanted the blue parts of your tattoo to look like they do in the second pic?

Go back to whoever did it, and bring the second pic with you as reference, and tell them you want it like that. you may have to go to a different artist if they cant do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 murdoc75

thanks ld, i went back and showed them same pic and nothin they didnt know if they could do it or not or how wud turn out or have any other ideas, wudnt do much for the confidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It would be difficult to do what you want over the blue that's already there, as they'd need to leave blank areas for the "white", and as you already have blue at the overlaps then this would become very difficult for an artist to manage to do properly.

cheers damo, mite just get it shaded all in blue least wud look better look like its on a back ground, really really didnt turn out wat i had in mind artist was like ok ok and this is better blah blah went his own way u really have to have you ideas put across and that they understand wat u want, there are very good artists out there and aslo people very good at tracing be careful

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

How about if you substitute the blue for a deeper blue, and the white for the tone of blue you already have, this would achieve the same effect, and make it easily do-able?

• Advertisement

just be afraid that a darker blue next to the black wud just make it look like a blob my only fear but good idea, really annoys me the way it is now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

I would defo consider cutting your losses with whatever tattoo studio you went to and get someone who will at least listen to you to fix it up and get it the way you want it.

went back o studio today and told them not happy with the blue so we came up with fill with blue and add a layer of white tru it hope turns out well and at no cost which is fair enuff, my only advice is make sure artist knows wat u want, and stick to ur guns, i was lead to easy by the artist remember its goin on u not them and u will have to be happy with it, thanks for the advice guys will post pics when fixed up:eek: fingers crossed

Advertisement