Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Readjustment after boarding

Options
  • 02-03-2009 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Myself and the boyfriend are heading away for a fortnight next month and have reserved a place in a nearby cattery for our cat. I know she'd probably be less stressed by the whole thing if she stayed at home for the time that we're away but for various reasons that's not feasible.

I'm wondering if she's likely to need a period of readjustment when she comes back. She's an indoor and outdoor cat although we kept her in for almost a full month when we got her in October to allow her to bond to the flat (and get the last of her vaccinations). I expect at least a couple of days to a week of indoors-only time to allow her to get used to being back and am hoping that after that she will get back to her regular routine - patrolling indoors and out morning and afternoon and conking out for the rest of the time :)

Does anyone have any advise regarding the readjustment period and how to make things as easy as possible for her?

Thanks,
    Jack.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Any advice at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

She'll be just fine. Ours go away to the cattery for 1 or 2 weeks at a time, and apart from spending half an hour going around every room in the house sniffing everything and checking that everythings still there,a nd then doing the same to the garden, they're just fine. They do tend to be a bit clingier for a day or two, but then it's just situation normal from then on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Alun wrote: »
    She'll be just fine. Ours go away to the cattery for 1 or 2 weeks at a time, and apart from spending half an hour going around every room in the house sniffing everything and checking that everythings still there,a nd then doing the same to the garden, they're just fine. They do tend to be a bit clingier for a day or two, but then it's just situation normal from then on.

I agree, we went away skiing and our cat is only 8 months old, we had concerns but she setled back no problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Good to know :) Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

She'll be fine. Generally cats do better at boarding than dogs so i wouldnt forsee any problems once you come home, just let her do her thing when she comes home (wander,sniff...probably sulk for awhile) ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement