Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black & White C&C

• 02-03-2009 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Entered 3 pics in a club competition, was my first real go at B&W and would love your feedback

3293974726_e38f174f59.jpg

3293145179_383a57b9a2.jpg

3293148357_a0183c37b0.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

Nice 'Set'.
    Of photos that is. like all 3. Number 1 for me just shades it. There is mischief in those eyes !

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

maybe reduce contrast on 2, tis a bit 'all bout the hooters' when its that dark ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Number 3 is an excellent capture of the punch landing and contorting the other guy's face, I also like the contrast in it but not mad on contrast in pic #1 where the Boys face is getting a bit lost in the white background, I'd reduce the contrast in #2 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

Number 3 is an excellent capture of the punch landing and contorting the other guy's face, I also like the contrast in it but not mad on contrast in pic #1 where the Boys face is getting a bit lost in the white background, I'd reduce the contrast in #2 too.

what they said!!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

No 1 is excellent, love the shot and the B/W processing.

No 2, the right side of her jaw is funny looking as is the jet black inside of hair on her left. Too much contrast and maybe other over processing as well. The bottom of the frame detaches her and makes it look like she's floating.

No. 3 maybe not the best angle. Processing looks good though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

I agree with what Covey said. The first is very good. His expression is good. High contrast on this one works very well.

The second one is all about the boobs IMO. :D. The inverted cross adds to the image. I met a girl like this once. :P, back in the day. I'd like to say more, but I think the image speaks for itself.

The third one is also very good. The impact of the punch is realized in the image. Though the angle is not the best. Probably the weakest of the three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Covey wrote: »
    No 1 is excellent, love the shot and the B/W processing.

One mans love is another mans hate. Not that I hate any of your shots, they're actually well taken ;), only I think the contrast in #1 is too much. Ilford paper is based on a grade of 0 to 5 with 5 being most contrast. I think you'd rate about 4 to 4.5. I'd drop this back a grade to a grade and a half to reveal some of the subtleness in the boy's face.

I think I agree on pic#2 with tommy insofar as it could be over-processed.

#3 I like and gives an unusual viewpoint behind the physicality of the sport.

Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Is it C&C? Yes, good.
    #1 - too much contrast, it is loosing photographical qualities.
    #2 - I don't know, the conversion looks a little too harsh
    #3 - winner for me and reason of the whole post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

The inverted cross is interesting :)

Number 3 is a great action shot, the guys face has been flattened. It hurts just looking at it.

Advertisement