Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Service Ever - Vodafone not Three!!!

• 02-03-2009 11:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

For the past week I've been trying to port from Meteor pre-pay to Vodafone. Now obviously this is a 2 hour task not a week long one... Here's the story

1. Ordered a sim off the internet 2 weeks ago and set the port date for last Monday

2. Last monday... Nothing happened so I ring vodafone... port failed for an unknown reason and they will try again

3. Last tuesday... Nothing happened so I ring again... No understanding why this has happened and they will try again... i'm getting very annoyed at this stage as I'd ran my credit down with Meteor and didn't wanna top up as I assumed it would changeover

4. Last thursday.. still nothing happened so I ring to speak to a manager... left on hold for ten minutes while they "find" a team leader and then the line goes dead

5. Last friday... told the port has failed again... told to go get a new sim card and try again

6. Go to carphone warehouse and get a sim and try again.. Fails yet again due to backlog of failed ports

7. Go into vodafone outlet to try finally rectify this and they tell me they have cancelled all the ports bar the carphone warehouse one which will go through today at 10a.m.

8. Today at 10a.m. i lose meteor coverage and I think finally it has worked but no I am off meteor but not successfully on vodafone so i've no phone

Now I was really ticked off at this stage I ring vodafone in Waterford to try speak to the girl who "sorted" the problem out but got a stupid voicemail about the store being closed and then ran carphone warehouse but they couldn't see why it had failed. Rang back vodafone to be told the stupid employee in vodafone waterford had cancelled all my ports and there were none active on my account

They couldn't explain why my meteor sim had become inactive at 10a.m. as the port had failed so I ring meteor to be told they received a port request at 10a.m. and accepted it as they had no reason not to.

I ring carphone warehouse and they tried resubmit my port with the same sim (as i'm 80 miles from the shop i bought the sim in) and yet again it fails

I have no phone coverage
    My number is hanging in mid air with no network
    I have no choice but to try sort it out as I have to change to Vodafone

What a complete shower of idiots... I've never had any problems with meteor or o2... I never realised how incompetent vodafone were!

my apologies for the rant but I'm very very hacked off and sorry if parts don't make sense

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Phone networks...
    Bad luck!
    Sh*t happens! I've been 5 years with vodafone without probs. Ported a 3- and an O2 number without probs... I'm probably just lucky, and you are probably unlucky.
    When stuff goes wrong they are all incompetent, callous and carefree wage-drones! I'd love to see if Mayo County Council could do a worse job running the mobile industry hahaha

Well,
    My deepest sympathy! Meteor once f*cked up a port from O2, so I know it's not funny to 'lose' ones number; but it cuts all ways, always!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Why are you changing network? Vodafone are the most expensive on payg in Ireland and if your on metoer and changing to vodafone it wont because of coverage?

I know people that have changed from three BB to Vodafone BB and they are now locked in a contract & the service is terrible, especially for 3g coverage around the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

if you ring your number does it say its not in service or you are connected to the vodafone voicemail of ..... if it does, some fool along the line has made a mistake and you have to get a sim replacement, takes 2 secs in a shop, i do think the post out sim, ring customer care thing is hit and miss though! bad form IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

snaps wrote: »
    Why are you changing network? Vodafone are the most expensive on payg in Ireland and if your on metoer and changing to vodafone it wont because of coverage?

I know people that have changed from three BB to Vodafone BB and they are now locked in a contract & the service is terrible, especially for 3g coverage around the country.

My girlfriend is vodafone bill pay and is locked into contract otherwise she would change to meteor... I want to avail of free calls and texts to vodafone numbers... not worried about 3g coverage to be honest as long I can phone & text and to be fair 3g coverage with meteor is chronic where I live as it is non-existant :(

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    if you ring your number does it say its not in service or you are connected to the vodafone voicemail of ..... if it does, some fool along the line has made a mistake and you have to get a sim replacement, takes 2 secs in a shop, i do think the post out sim, ring customer care thing is hit and miss though! bad form IMO

at the moment if you ring me it appears you actually get through on my meteor sim and can also receive texts (i discovered this this morning) but I cannot ring out (even 1741) or send texts (which are free)

on my vodafone sim card you get my number is out of service... they said they are working on it yet again and ring back at lunch time if not working before then.

never experienced such bad service and they won't let me talk to "port support" I have to communicate through a customer service representative... Next time I ring I'll be looking for a manager again

perhaps you should have kept your meteor number sim until your girlfriend can loose her vodafone contract and got a vodafone sim with new number to get you buy until then! Or vice versa, your girlfriend got a meteor pay as you go sim and used that for communicating with you? You top up by 20 a month and get your free meteor to meteor calls/texts or free all network texts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

strecker wrote: »
    Phone networks...
    Bad luck!
    Sh*t happens! I've been 5 years with vodafone without probs. Ported a 3- and an O2 number without probs... I'm probably just lucky, and you are probably unlucky.
    When stuff goes wrong they are all incompetent, callous and carefree wage-drones! I'd love to see if Mayo County Council could do a worse job running the mobile industry hahaha

Well,
    My deepest sympathy! Meteor once f*cked up a port from O2, so I know it's not funny to 'lose' ones number; but it cuts all ways, always!

Whats the reference to mayo about and its relevance?

gpjordanf1 wrote: »

Perhaps the state of the roads here! The roads in Mayo at the moment are the worst ive ever seen in my life! That cold snap in Jan/Feb has really holed the roads up. Got to the point where im dubious to take out my car as ive already once hit a pothole and snapped the suspension with no compensation!!!

Completely OT but hey!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

snaps wrote: »
    Perhaps the state of the roads here! The roads in Mayo at the moment are the worst ive ever seen in my life! That cold snap in Jan/Feb has really holed the roads up. Got to the point where im dubious to take out my car as ive already once hit a pothole and snapped the suspension with no compensation!!!

Completely OT but hey!!

They are paying compo for the roads, go in and talk to them directly, just dont ring they will not call you back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

They are paying compo for the roads, go in and talk to them directly, just dont ring they will not call you back!

Can we keep this on topic, please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

I don' t believe I was off-topic:
    My point (of view) is expressed in the rest of my post: you'll find problems with service everywhere; and if you don't, it's just temporary. MCC was just an example of a 'company' well known for fabulous service, and yet sometimes things don't work out. It was an example! Back on topic ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

I just want to say a huge thank you to a certain boards member who took time out of his life to solve this problem for me

I don't want to name him (unless he wants me to) as I don't want everyone asking him for vodafone support but it was fantastic to meet someone who was willing to help someone else with no personal again

Thanks again

Advertisement