Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nsr 80

• 02-03-2009 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

lads i am just wondering what is the top speed roughly on a honda nsr 80?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

About 75 - 80mph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 jog123456789101

Bryn wrote: »
    About 75 - 80mph
    thanks lad

oh ya is the bike restricted?

oh ya is the bike restricted?

Nope, no restrictor in them. And as far as i remember they put out a whopping 12bhp!

i was also wondering did anyone ever start of on one of these bikes would you recommend them??

• Advertisement

i was also wondering did anyone ever start of on one of these bikes would you recommend them??

I started on a moped, but a nsr 80 was my first proper geared motorbike. Personally I think they are a fantastic bike for what they are and definatley very good as a starter bike

Bryn wrote: »
    I started on a moped, but a nsr 80 was my first proper geared motorbike. Personally I think they are a fantastic bike for what they are and definatley very good as a starter bike

cheers i am definitly thinking of starting on one myself now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭richiet

Get one!

I had one in 2000. Bought it new. Loved it, great bike. Drove it from Dublin to Clare one weekend, no bother.

richiet wrote: »
    Get one!

I had one in 2000. Bought it new. Loved it, great bike. Drove it from Dublin to Clare one weekend, no bother.

cheers have to get searching for one now.. the problem now is getting one that hasnt being driven to the ground.. alot of young fellas now drive the sh*t out of them.. anyone have one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭AsphaltRisin'

lads i am just wondering what is the top speed roughly on a honda nsr 80?

depends on how much of a fat b*stard you are really ha ha. if you're me (22 stone) it'll go about 55 max, but if you're light it'll do 70 to 75 on a good day realistically. remember it's only 74 or 75cc so it'll never go very fast, but they are good little bikes to start out on.

they dont need to be restricted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

cheers have to get searching for one now.. the problem now is getting one that hasnt being driven to the ground.. alot of young fellas now drive the sh*t out of them.. anyone have one?

Try biker.ie

Theres one there for around €700 and looks well from the pics anyway

Right lads i went to look at a nsr 75 today i was just wondering is it the same as the nsr 80 he told me it would do around 60mph?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

NSR80 or NS-1 has a 75cc engine. This is rounded up to 80cc for naming purposes. They are however the same bike essentially.

I had one too, my first bike. Like Byrn said it does about 75mph. 80mph if the wind is behind you and your going down a hill!:D

NSR80 or NS-1 has a 75cc engine. This is rounded up to 80cc for naming purposes. They are however the same bike essentially.

I had one too, my first bike. Like Byrn said it does about 75mph. 80mph if the wind is behind you and your going down a hill!:D

right so there the same bike thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gmkgreaney

great little bike mine does 80 mph get a power valve for it too

ok so i passed my theory test just trying to decide to get a nsr 80 or 125? i got a quote from quinn on a nsr 80 for a grand how much more would it be for a nsr 125?

ok so i passed my theory test just trying to decide to get a nsr 80 or 125? i got a quote from quinn on a nsr 80 for a grand how much more would it be for a nsr 125?

I don't know what it is like with Quinn, but with AON, a nsr125 was in a much much higher insurance brakcet than the nsr80 a few years ago. This was down to the fact that nsr125's were very easily accessible by young lads up to about 5 years ago and due to a massive number of claims it was moved from group 4, to group 7 with AON. To put it into perspective....a nsr80 was in group 2, and a cbr250 and bros400 were in group 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gmkgreaney

stick with the 80 mate for the time being, the nsr 125 is group 7 i think, a cbr 250 is group 5 and there no slouch either the cbr falls under the 33bhp category so you would be able to drive that on a provisional, im driving an nsr 80 myself , does the trick and reliable just make sure you get it derestricted if you buy one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

gmkgreaney wrote: »
    stick with the 80 mate for the time being, the nsr 125 is group 7 i think, a cbr 250 is group 5 and there no slouch either the cbr falls under the 33bhp category so you would be able to drive that on a provisional, im driving an nsr 80 myself , does the trick and reliable just make sure you get it derestricted if you buy one

CBR250 is not under the 33bhp. It made 45bhp when it left the factory.

A quote depends on your age. If you're over 21 it should be around €650 for an NSR125

A cbr250 put's out 40-45bhp depending on what condition the engine is in, so you can't drive it on a provisional

• Advertisement

thanks but i thought they arent restricted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Yeah dont think there's much point in restricting a 75cc bike?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

depends on how much of a fat b*stard you are really ha ha. if you're me (22 stone) it'll go about 55 max,
    Are you the chap that be out in tramore on the nsr 75.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TomR673

Hi i just bought a 2000 NSR 80 anyone know the specs of it like what oil to use and spark plugs stuff like that...cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

TomR673 wrote: »
    Hi i just bought a 2000 NSR 80 anyone know the specs of it like what oil to use and spark plugs stuff like that...cheers

Heres the manual (I think..)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B64gipR33qkvZjJkNDdhNmMtYTQxYy00NGVhLWIzOTAtNDJkMmQ4OTBjNTc2/edit?pli=1

Go to page 17 for info about the oil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

TomR673 wrote: »
    I would be using good oil in one of these. Personally I'd be putting in Full synthetic injector oil, any good brand like Rock Oil, Motul, Castrol etc.
    Injector oil is less viscous then pre-mix oil.
    You could probably get away with semi-synthetic if you are on a budget though.
    Spark plug is an NGK BR8ES
    Gearbox oil, use a 10w40 motorcycle oil, it doesn't hold much. 1 litre should do you easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TomR673

Cheers lads this is exactly what i needed cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭biddy21

i have an 04 nsr 80 and i need to service it, do i use the same stuff as i would with a nsr 125

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭biddy21

i have mine tuned for 100+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

biddy21 wrote: »
    i have mine tuned for 100+

Who are u talking to???:pac:

Advertisement