Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite bill pay network.

• 02-03-2009 11:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

Whats everyones favourite bill pay network that they have been on? In terms of quality, value for money etc. Im dying to get a 5800 but am unsure on what network to get it on as ive had huge differences in networks on similiar tarrifs.

Favourite Network 36 votes

Vodafone
    0%
    16%
    nialoRonan Hdanger mousejessconrchavezychavezCivilEx 6 votes
    Meteor
    33%
    Devil5434talluspaulm17781rogue-entityjcrowbarDavylistermintSimply Redmobius42kreontassusyjod1983 12 votes
    Three
    50%
    Agent SmithCablebacon?mikemacmaninaskirtSam VimesjohndanielmoorereverandkenjamivinnycoynebrophisLite sleepeRbrendanukdlambirlbeardo81bugfreebobjoes girlssparkydee27Rayne 18 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Meteor
    Is it just the the answer to the poll you want? Or do you want more on price plans, usage etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Three
    at the moment pre pay is better than bill for most people tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Three
    i love my meteor billpay ever evening is free talk and all weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Three by a mile on post pay plans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

davton wrote: »
    Is it just the the answer to the poll you want? Or do you want more on price plans, usage etc

Well on the poll just the network but in general, like the above post free weekend and texts, is class. Ive been looking at the tariffs but am still unsure what one to go for

• Advertisement

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    at the moment pre pay is better than bill for most people tbh

Im on 02 experience pre pay and find when i top up by 20 the calls are gone in 1 or 2 days ans im just left with texts, fed up not having credit and then having to go to top up.

Meteor
    Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Well on the poll just the network but in general, like the above post free weekend and texts, is class. Ive been looking at the tariffs but am still unsure what one to go for

Would use give more info on your usage how many texts and calls roughly a month and mainly what network, because it can vary hugely what would suit you.

If you are using a lot of calls, to o2 customers go for a o2 clear plan with no contract.

Or a range of networks 3 might work out best.

Or evening calls mainly then the meteor offer as posted may be best.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Three
    300 mins 80 text free calls evenings and weekends all for 50 euro p.m i think its good

Three
    Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Im on 02 experience pre pay and find when i top up by 20 the calls are gone in 1 or 2 days ans im just left with texts, fed up not having credit and then having to go to top up.

Then you're on the wrong plan ;)

Take a look at your usage, ie who you text and call the most and what network they're on and see if there's anything better for you. You'll most likely find a different pre pay option is better, eg on o2 for 30 a month you can get free calls to ten o2 numbers on top of your free texts. Or can you still get that?

But for very high usage bill can be better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

You could try www.callcosts.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

Meteor
    I've been on bill pay on O2, Meteor and Three.

O2 win by a mile, though Meteor were quite good at the time.

Three were useless for customer care. Avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

The danger, if you would call it that, with polls like these is that you won't get a coherent answer.

Everybody has differing experiences, with different handsets and on different operators.

I am sure if you took an even sample of users across the four main networks, pre-pay, post-pay and business, you would probably find they are all pretty much the same. Well, apart from Three. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

Three

Relax 350

Up to 350 anytime minutes, up to 1050 Texts or up to 350 MB data.

350 Flexi Units per month €49

1 Flexi Unit = 1 Min call or 3 texts or 1 MB Data.

Very competitive I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Three has been pretty good for me, but I'm still on one of their original price plans which you can't get any more.
    The current prices plans aren't as good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

joes girls wrote: »
    i love my meteor billpay ever evening is free talk and all weekend

Most people use their phones on evenings/weekends. These are free on meteor but you are still paying a monthly charge for times most people dont use their phones so are they really free?? (waiting on influx of posts saying 'I use my phone mostly during the day')

Three
    Walkman wrote: »
    Most people use their phones on evenings/weekends. These are free on meteor but you are still paying a monthly charge for times most people dont use their phones so are they really free?? (waiting on influx of posts saying 'I use my phone mostly during the day')

I'd class it as you're paying a monthy charge for 300 daytime minutes and the free evenings and weekends are an added bonus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

intresting pole, shocked at the big 2's ranking....seems the recessions is having an effect on big bills...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

I'd class it as you're paying a monthy charge for 300 daytime minutes and the free evenings and weekends are an added bonus

Yes Sam, I thought you might

Meteor

For €50 with 3 you would get 350 flexi units, so would be 300 mins and 50 texts and no free evening or weekends. Ok 3 to 3 calls and skype but the free evenings and weekends is better imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Bethrifty

3 for sure!No roaming charges for being outside Ireland and other countries like spain and australia!

• Advertisement

Three

you thought i might call it what it is? fair enough
    Bethrifty wrote: »
    3 for sure!No roaming charges for being outside Ireland and other countries like spain and australia!

3 like home (3's plan that means you don't pay roaming charges) doesn't apply in spain
    http://three.ie/international/country_es_1.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭susy

Meteor
    A word of warning about meteor, when I signed up for bill pay with them they gave me a load of options, like do you want free weekend calls to other meteor customers, i said yes please. What they dont tell you is that this option is instead of getting say the 80 free texts that are normally included. It was only when I got my bills that I noticed the problem, customer care wouldnt help at all, just directed me back to the shop where Id signed up, who wouldnt help since it was my word against theirs. My contract with them is up soon and even if they still have the best deal, Im moving networks just because of there deliberate misleading, and horrible response.

Three
    susy wrote: »
    A word of warning about meteor, when I signed up for bill pay with them they gave me a load of options, like do you want free weekend calls to other meteor customers, i said yes please. What they dont tell you is that this option is instead of getting say the 80 free texts that are normally included. It was only when I got my bills that I noticed the problem, customer care wouldnt help at all, just directed me back to the shop where Id signed up, who wouldnt help since it was my word against theirs. My contract with them is up soon and even if they still have the best deal, Im moving networks just because of there deliberate misleading, and horrible response.

so you had one single staff member who didn't fully explain the tariff and so you warn everyone about the whole company? :confused:

and you definitely didn't understand the tariff because there is no tariff that gives free weekend calls to meteor numbers.

you either have 300 daytime minutes to any network, free evening and weekend calls to all networks and 80 texts

or

300 minutes to any network, free any time meteor calls and free any time meteor texts. this is the tariff that doesn't have 80 texts included but has unlimited meteor texts instead

edit:also, if you just want to switch from one talk 300 tariff to the other it shouldn't be a problem with customer care

Meteor
    If one staff member didnt understand then no I wouldnt have warned people, but when I feel I was deliberately mislead, and when the company refused to help with the issue in any way, yes I warn people. This cost me in the region of €10 a month.

And I understood as much of the tariffs as possible while being given misleading information. The staff member told me that with all the free meteor to meteor calls and texts I still had the 80 free texts. Even how the information is presented on the website is confusing and I feel misleading.

It wouldnt have been a problem to switch between tariffs, but with either tariff I wasn't getting the inclusive items I had been promised so I still lost out financially.

Three
    If one staff member didnt understand then no I wouldnt have warned people, but when I feel I was deliberately mislead, and when the company refused to help with the issue in any way, yes I warn people. This cost me in the region of €10 a month.

The staff member had absolutely nothing to gain by misleading you so why would he deliberately mislead you? Do you think he just didn't like you or something? Do you not think it's far more likely that he simply made a mistake or you misunderstood him?

Even how the information is presented on the website is confusing and I feel misleading.
    The website is crystal clear tbh:
    http://www.meteor.ie/plans/bill_pay/price_plans/
    and if you think it's misleading that leans me more towards the idea that you simply misunderstood what you were told
    It wouldnt have been a problem to switch between tariffs, but with either tariff I wasn't getting the inclusive items I had been promised so I still lost out financially.

Ah now it's become clear. You wanted to keep your free meteor calls and texts and get the extra 80 texts added on. Either the staff member made a mistake or (more likely) you misunderstood him and then you called up customer care and tried to make your very own tariff with the best bits of both. I'd be extraordinarily surprised if any company in the world accommodated such a request. Customer care were completely right not to help you and even if they wanted to they couldn't because no such tariff exists for them to move you to

Meteor
    Either the staff member made a mistake or (more likely) you misunderstood him and then you called up customer care and tried to make your very own tariff with the best bits of both.

What happened to the customer is always right :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Bethrifty

3 like home (3's plan that means you don't pay roaming charges) doesn't apply in spain
    http://three.ie/international/country_es_1.htm

Yeah sorry my mistake!although it does apply in Auz !

Meteor
    Bethrifty wrote: »
    Yeah sorry my mistake!although it does apply in Auz !

Not on 3 pay tho

Meteor
    I don't feel the need to get into the areas of speculating about customer service motives (such as bonus schemes / commision). I simply wanted to highlight something which led me to pay more money than I wanted, and which no matter how much you try to belittle my understanding, seemed wrong to me.

Can we please take from this that whatever company you decide to go with be absolutely clear on what you are getting (in writing) before signing up to a long contract.

• Advertisement

From peoples opinion if you have say the 50 euro pm network tariff do you go over it much?(moderate user) just trying to decide whether i want one of the cheap tariffs(20/35) but will prob go over and pay more or to just go with the 50. I would be just a moderate user.

Advertisement