Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite bill pay network.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Three
    davton wrote: »
    Not on 3 pay tho

my god you're right :O
    http://three.ie/international/country_au_2.htm

I thought it applied in australia on both pre and bill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Meteor
    Sam Vimes wrote: »
    my god you're right :O
    http://three.ie/international/country_au_2.htm

I thought it applied in australia on both pre and bill

dont think it ever did :cool:

Three
    susy wrote: »
    I don't feel the need to get into the areas of speculating about customer service motives (such as bonus schemes / commision). I simply wanted to highlight something which led me to pay more money than I wanted, and which no matter how much you try to belittle my understanding, seemed wrong to me.

Can we please take from this that whatever company you decide to go with be absolutely clear on what you are getting (in writing) before signing up to a long contract.

Absolutely, it's always a good idea to know exactly what you're buying

Just to end any speculation I can confirm that in any shop I worked in commission was paid based on the level of tariff the customer picked, ie I put him down as talk 300, not talk 300 with 80 texts or talk 300 without 80 texts. I'd get the same either way. I haven't worked in an actual meteor store so I can't say for sure if they give more for one than the other but I would say it's highly unlikely.

Meteor
    susy wrote: »
    Can we please take from this that whatever company you decide to go with be absolutely clear on what you are getting (in writing) before signing up to a long contract.

Checking online is the way to go, so you to know what you want to get and tell the sale assistant. Even print off the page if you need too.
    Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    From peoples opinion if you have say the 50 euro pm network tariff do you go over it much?(moderate user) just trying to decide whether i want one of the cheap tariffs(20/35) but will prob go over and pay more or to just go with the 50. I would be just a moderate user.

It depends on the user, no defined moderate user :p . If you think on your previous usage that you will be constantly going over your allowance you may well be better off on the higher plan. Once you have used the minutes the bill will increase fairly quick.

What are you thinking on going with so far?

Three
    Checking online is the way to go, so you to know what you want to get and tell the sale assistant. Even print off the page if you need too.

this is true. I'd never trust the word of a sales assistant alone. Having worked with enough of them I can say they're often wrong and some of them lie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

It depends on the user, no defined moderate user :p . If you think on your previous usage that you will be constantly going over your allowance you may well be better off on the higher plan. Once you have used the minutes the bill will increase fairly quick.

What are you thinking on going with so far?

Well with the phone i want (5800) its cheapest on Vodafone. However im wary of going onto that network as i think that they negate the regular customers over the years and focused on their business users thus enabling Meteor 02 and three to offer better prices and take a big market share off them(Correct me if im wrong)

To be honest most of my friends are on 02. So the package with free 02 calls and texts for 35 would prob suit me the best. However when i was on 02 bill it was double my meteor bill think the tariff was similiar. My meteor bill was around 40 will my 02 was over 80 with the last one being 120! Way to much.

Is anyone on their 02 calls and texts tariff? Just a bit wary that i'd need to be checking and finding out who i cant and can not ring without racking up a big bill!

I done the poll just to get a response for all networks as currently in the mobile and pda forum their are threads popping up regulary with i hate this network etc etc etc.

So 02 good reception most friend on 02 at the moment
    Vodafone best price for the phone and can buy now
    Meteor, coverage issues, free weekend calls and texts.

I actually like meteor and think their prices are good so im just weighing up the options of going onto their 50 euro plan and waiting a month for the phone or choosing probably the 02 , 35 euro( free 02 calls and texts)

Three
    Meteor, coverage issues, free weekend calls and texts.

meteor has as many coverage issues as any other network

Meteor
    To be honest most of my friends are on 02. So the package with free 02 calls and texts for 35 would prob suit me the best.
    Is anyone on their 02 calls and texts tariff? Just a bit wary that i'd need to be checking and finding out who i cant and can not ring without racking up a big bill!

Did you not check the o2 clear sim offer which i suggested in my earlier post.

o2 to o2 offer €20 a month and no contract. Just give 30days notice to leave.

* Unlimited calls & texts to O2 mobiles
    * Great plan if your family & friends are on O2

Charges outside your inclusive voice minutes & texts:

* Calls to Irish mobiles and landlines: 25c per minute
    * Text messages to other mobiles: 10c per text

They also have free landline calls instead of the unlimited texts for the same price, but probaly not for you.

As you stated getting worried about ring other networks, the price is 25cent a minute. So say a €50 bill, for the €30 left [€20 for the plan] you would get 120 minutes to call others.

For texting other networks use an app like sams 'cabbage' or 'jsms' etc which uses o2's free webtexts. This will cost you on data charges but is quite little.

I think this is a great option. You can set up spend alerts where they will let you know when you have spent a certain amount set by you. You can also use *101*# you check your current spend. And the best part is after a month its not suiting you you can switch. Hope this is some help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

But i cant get the phone on that offer?

Think if i went onto that i would have to buy a sim free 5800

Three
    For texting other networks use an app like sams 'cabbage' or 'jsms' etc which uses o2's free webtexts. This will cost you on data charges but is quite little.

Jsms is desktop and iPhone only I believe

• Advertisement

Meteor
    Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Jsms is desktop and iPhone only I believe

Sorry i meant 'GPRSMS'
    But i cant get the phone on that offer?

Ye that offer is a sim only,, hence the no contract. I didn't realise you were set on getting the 5800. Its about €350 sim free so not that much than a contract and have the flexibly to change networks if you want.

Advertisement