Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celtic Cross Tattoo

Options
  • 03-03-2009 12:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

hello i am thinking of getting a celtic cross tattoo like the one in the picture done on the inside of my forearm. i was just wondering how long a tatto with that type of detail and shading would take?And where would be a good place to get it done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Roarty-07 wrote: »
    hello i am thinking of getting a celtic cross tattoo like the one in the picture done on the inside of my forearm. i was just wondering how long a tatto with that type of detail and shading would take?

2 - 3 hours i'd say
    And where would be a good place to get it done?

Wherever you want!!! Its your skin.
    Generally the shape, design, and size "usually" dictates the placement.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

...on the inside of my forearm.
    vangoz wrote: »
    Wherever you want!!! Its your skin.
    Generally the shape, design, and size "usually" dictates the placement.

I think the OP was looking for a studio recommendation.

I've seen some good celtic in the portfolio of the guys at Stigmata-Tau out in Swords, might be worth a look?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

I think the OP was looking for a studio recommendation.

EKKK... yeah gonna quite answering posts before 11:00 tea!! (Roarty-07 > sorry dude:))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

I'd go slightly higher than Vangoz and budget for 4-5 hours (what with the intricacy of the mesh and shading). Its a nice cross, I'd take a look in Snakebite / Wildcat / Art Tattoo. If Wally is still in Stigmata-tau, try him, he's a solid tattooist.
    Personally speaking I'd leave out the Claddagh element and go for a straight Celtic Cross, the Claddaghs a little naff IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 theDOOjustDID

defo more like 3-5 hours,take your time in finding the right tatooist for you. everybodys bodie if different so scale dependes on the lenght,size of your arm,i would agree with leaving out the claddagh unless thats what you like about this design and also remmember that you would be ripping off someone work,try and change ,make the design your own!! best of luck
    p.s some of the best celtic tatoo artists live and work in the west of the country....:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Roarty-07

oh no i dont want the claddagh in my cross i just picked that picture as it has the type of design and style i want, and the detail and shading im looking for.thanks for all the help anyway dudes il check them places out.oh and whos good at celtic work in the west??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 theDOOjustDID

sorry about late reply!!some artists around country :)
    .....Contact Gordon Carney .....
    G's Tattoos, 70 Prospect Hill, Galway, Ireland
    Mobile: 087 6673475
    ..Contact Jon Darricau .....
    Irish Ink Tattoo & Piercing Studio, 25 William Street West, Galway City, Ireland
    Mobile: 087 9390139
    .....Contact Stuart Anderson.....
    Celtic Tattoo & Body Piercing Studio, 1a Apollo House, Main Barrack Street, Co. Carlow, Ireland
    Tel.: 059 9141541
    .....Contact Joe Myler.....
    JMD's Body Art, 57 O'Connell Street, Waterford City, Ireland
    Tel.: 051 857757
    Mobile: 086 6056398
    .....Contact Tony Maxwell .....
    29 Upper Main Street (at roundabout), Arklow, Co. Wicklow, Ireland
    Tel.: 0402 24642
    the vibe studio sligo
    26 market st sligo
    tel;0719194009

Advertisement