Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JG36k help needed

Options
  • 03-03-2009 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

I need some help my beloved jg has shat its self, for starters the things locked so when you fire you get that clicking noise, but nothing happens. ive fired loads of bbs through it, and well i cant afford to buy a new gun so im thinking about replaceing with the inards with better stuff.

What would you recomend as in better barel with more range and acurecy better hop up and moter i would like the gun to be more quite to if thats possible..

what could you guys recomend to me as in to buy as im absaloutly clueless when it comes to moding guns.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

so its just locked up, is that what you are saying? try connecting it to a freshly charged battery and firing it on full auto,

as for upgrades,
    motor: G&P M120 from ehobby for about 25quid, its a really good motor.
    Barrel, Madbull Black barrels are very good and pretty cheap too.
    JG gears are great, wouldnt worry about them.
    Bushings, the JG boxes up until recently had 6mm bushings, this has changed on some of their range, to 7mm. you'll have to check what size yours are before getting any upgraded bushings but 7mm bearings would be the best to go with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Masada wrote: »
    so its just locked up, is that what you are saying? try connecting it to a freshly charged battery and firing it on full auto,

as for upgrades,
    motor: G&P M120 from ehobby for about 25quid, its a really good motor.
    Barrel, Madbull Black barrels are very good and pretty cheap too.
    JG gears are great, wouldnt worry about them.
    Bushings, the JG boxes up until recently had 6mm bushings, this has changed on some of their range, to 7mm. you'll have to check what size yours are before getting any upgraded bushings but 7mm bearings would be the best to go with.

yeah man i pull the trigger it dont work, was gutted, ...
    cool can i get them online or in a shop?
    can you recomend any where i can get a hop up from ?
    what are bushings and where do they go ?
    what to the bearings do im a total green horn :)

but thanks for your help much apreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭kalkor

have a look at mechbox.com and try to find similar sites and you can be your own gunsmith man

take your time taking your gun apart and back together.

bit of hit and miss and you should know what your doing.

most important is shimming your gears. . .

ps. everyone says it - get a guarder silicone hop up rubber.

pps. i recommend ehobbyasia. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭johnboysligo

covers all the basics of a normal v2 gearbox and goes into reasonable detail on the different parts. you should note that your aeg has a v3 gearbox the layout is slightly different but all the parts function in the same way.

oh and a video on how to take your gearbox out

the vid isnt for your exact aeg its for a TM g36c but it should serve as a decent guide on how to breakdown your aeg.

and here is a set of pics of a v3 gearbox internals so you know what to expect.

The only advice ill can give you is that you should 1. have a large flat surface that you can layout all your parts on before you start 2. find as much info on your problem before touch a screwdriver and finally if in doupt make your way to a retailer who does repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

If you have a video camera, for the love of god record yourself taking apart the gearbox.
    Even photos of what you are doing.
    There is nothing like getting lost trying to put a gun back together and having €200 worth of parts sitting in front of you.

That said, I did it on my first go, you should be golden.

• Advertisement

hey guys thanks for your help.
    really apricated!

Ive been, surfing and come up with this barrel so far

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/other-aeg/parts-upgrade-aeg/precision-barrels/systema-bs-6-04mm-barrel-for-car15-p90-552-g36c-247mm.html

can any one tell me where I can get Madbull Black barrels ?
    if in ireland even better i would like to get more range with my gun ?

thanks every one for your info on products etc expect message's of oh crap i cant fix my gun etc...

I dunno what i did but i did somthing :(...

It was going great till i got to the gear box then i got smoke and that lovely smell my gun's broke :( i dunno what i did but im pretty shore i made it worse... i dont have a single problem tajing stuff apart, but well i wont go into it ...Because Il loook like ****in blee**n A**hole...;)....

Now the question is who would like to fix it ? or would like to fix it ? or who can yo recomend...

the problem is i suspect shortage or something im not shore but its eather gear box or moter related... i dont have a problem in putting the gun back togeather that's easy the hard part is the gear box and well i dont think that's a job for me so any recomendations would be top's ?

I wanted to play tomorow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Tov

If you live in or around the Dublin area drop it in to Eirsoft and I'm sure they should be able to fix it up for you.

Advertisement