Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting to the internet through a phone

Options
  • 03-03-2009 12:22am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Wasn't sure if this would go in Broadband, Phones or Nets & Comms so feel free to move as required.

Right, so i'm trying to connect to the internet on my laptop through my ericsson c902 phone. I can connect to the phone in the Ericsson suite, but when trying to connect to the internet, it gives me an error saying that i need to check my settings. Its GPRS enabled, and I have downloaded all the correct settings for the phone through mymeteor.ie, and i can access the internet on the phone without any problems. It seems to fail on checking login and password, even though i have put in my phone and pin code (the same ones i use to login to mymeteor.ie) in the connection settings.

So, anyone have any experience on getting a laptop connected to the internet through a Meteor mobile? Is there any additional services that needs to be subscribed to in order to connect a laptop to the internet through a phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Have you selected your phone as the object to use to gain access to the internet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

the_syco wrote: »
    Have you selected your phone as the object to use to gain access to the internet?
    Yes, i believe so. When i go to Network Connections (Vista), there is a Meteor GPRS dial-up connection listed there. When trying to connect to that, i get an error saying The PPP link control protocol was terminated. It also comes up on the phone saying Connecting, but then gives an error saying Connection Failure - Check your settings or contact your service provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/phones/detailed/phonesetupwap/c902?lc=en&cc=ie

May be what you're looking for (settings for your phone to access the net). It asks for your number at the end, so didn't finish it. If not, reply here.

=-=

Oh, and get a package from o2 to allow you to go on the internet. Have heard a few people getting charged a f**k load of cash, as they never set up a data account with their phone company.

Advertisement