Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Get car paint online?

Options
  • 03-03-2009 3:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hey, just wondering if there's a website where you can get car paints online? Specifically for a VW... Tried google, but nothing really came up.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

www.paintscratch.com in America

http://www.paints4u.com/productsByCat.aspx?MainCategoryID=6&Mainselection=22&SubCategoryID=42&Subselection=0 in the UK

Otherwise try Halfords or a main dealer for those paint pens. Though having said that, I prefer to buy the paint in a tin (not spray) and use a toothpick, if it is for touching up stone chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

there arent really that many places go to your local car shop and they will usually give you about 1litre for bout 60e. but you must give them the paint code (on chassis badge with chassis number). they will tell you the type of paint i.e water based, acryllic etc... if its a newish car it may be water based, but if its an older one its probably acryllic.....which has just been made illegal to sell. however it is available for commerical use.

Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

eBay is always worth a go - I got OEM touch up paint for my car there last year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 bsherry92

<Snip> is a really good website just give your car code and theyl mix up the paint :) they have loads of things for touch ups too :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement